Do You Think I'm a Hoarder?

This is only our Florida pantry. Heaven forbid if I ever run out of anything, especially paper products! When I was newly married, I was invited to a friend's house for lunch. I went into her bathroom, but the toilet paper roll was empty. I looked inside her vanity, and found none. When I called to her for a paper towel, a tissue, or a paper napkin, the napkin was all she had! I promised myself right then and there that I would never run out of anything in my home! Have you?
• Portland, Connecticut
lol No I usually replace the multi pack as soon as I open one previous one. I don't have a pantry the size of your however so I have less!!
I agree that replacing the old with the new is important. All this is thanks to Costco! Lol!!!
• Portland, Connecticut
@DianneN lol That is why I don't have a membership!!
@T_gray (7836)
• Salina, Kansas
I used to be like this too. I love shopping at Sam's Club and get everything in bulk. But lately money has been tight and it's harder to make such a big purchase. But I do like to be thoroughly stocked up whenever I can be.
I understand. Having those necessities are not luxuries when you need them. Lol!
• Laguna Woods, California
@T-gray I like to keep stocked up ... but don't usually have as many on hand as Dianne! :)
I also try to keep stocked up.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Tampa_girl7 - I think we all used to be Girl Scouts ... "Be Prepared." LOL
I don't necessarily hoard, but I do know how to stock up when there is a sale and can buy enough to last us until the next time it goes on sale. Our pantry is well stocked, but we also stock up on peanut butter, granola bars, cleaning supplies, razor blades and deodorants. I hate to waste a trip into town for just one or two things, and when we lived in town we just didn't like going out.
We have tons of storage in this house and if I could get away with it I would have the basement full of Scott TP. I do have 60 or more rolls right now and about a dozen rolls of paper towels so I'm with you on that...plus foaming hand soap..other than those items I would consider it minor-hoarding.
This is in my condo. You should see what's in my house! Oh, the shame of it! Lol!
@DianneN Like they say, it's your money
@AbbyGreenhill But not a penny is ever wasted!
@fishtiger58 (30371)
• Momence, Illinois
I run out of things I don't personally use like sugar. I have to be told by those who use those things we are running out. However never ever will I even entertain the idea of running out of toilet paper. Yikes
No, never!!!!!!! I'd rather go without food! Lol!
@fishtiger58 (30371)
• Momence, Illinois
@DianneN No doubt lol.
I'd certainly never run out of toilet paper. But no, we rarely run out of things. Certainly looks like you never will!
Lol! Never have. Never will!
@PainsOnSlate (20083)
Our pantry might look like yours if there is a sale on products that we use non stop. But we do stock up on T-paper and paper towels, along with coffee... No one will ever be caught with no T paper in our bathrooms.
To me, tp is the most important thing a person could have! Can you imagine???
@mommaj (22711)
I always keep extra but not that much extra. I guess it is good to stock up at one time if you are getting a lower price. I love your pantry!
Stocking up on sale is always good. Thank you. We have lots of storage and closets in our little condo.
@mommaj (22711)
@DianneN That's amazing because it looks so huge.
@mommaj It is, for a condo! Lol!
@Drosophila (16730)
You remind me of my Ma, she always stock up on everything. Me? Am a minimalist, but I always have a hidden roll somewhere
Just as long as you remember where you've hidden that roll! I'm flattered that I remind you of your mom.
@Drosophila (16730)
@DianneN yep! she's a perfect lady, always looks pristine and have clean washed hankies smelt of roses. Her cupboard is always stocked like a mini-market. There is almost the most unlikely things there from safety pins to new stockings. She's terribly disappointed in me, she came to visit me once and was horrified I kept my socks in the same draw as my underwear. xD
@Drosophila Lol! I must admit I'm in shock to hear that.
@silvermist (19904)
@DianneN Well,it is always nice to be prepared.
I feel great shopping in my own pantry, even for makeup and soap! Lol!
@silvermist (19904)
@DianneN The pantry looks good with ,all those things lined up.
@silvermist Thanks! It's like shopping in there! Lol!
@zarlamain (24531)
That's not hoarding. That's being prepared in case of running out of something. I think you are doing a great job. I have a full pantry myself. I don't want my guests worrying about empty toilet rolls or looking for a tissue. I haven't run out of the items in my pantry yet. I am the same way with my food pantry, too. I like to keep them stocked with canned foods.
@zarlamain (24531)
@DianneN So funny! You are right! Doesn't hurt to stock up!
@norcal (3215)
• Nevada City, California
I like to keep a pretty good stockpile. I only keep 2 or 3 of the big packs of TP and Paper towels though. The rest of my shelves hold mostly food. I also stock up on other necessities like laundry soap and cleaning products.
It's important to have backups for emergencies. This is my vacation condo. Not much food to speak of. Lol!
@ReiraLee (218)
I don't think so but your things are really stacked very neatly! I wish my storeroom would look like this.
It makes it easier to find something when I need to. Thanks!
@gudheart (12754)
LOL it is good to be prepared!!
I'm living proof that it's good to be prepared! Lol!!!!
I am quite the hoarder also and stock up on lots of items And in our household we buy in bulk too for these products (above).
Good to hear I'm not alone!
@Lucky15 (33427)
so much of like me...haha, paper is the first on the list for me and athe reason why i am not comfortable with public toilets of even in a friend's house
I now carry plenty of tissues with me wherever I go.
You are not a hoarder. You are well prepared! I panic when I get down to 3 rolls of toilet paper.
I know that feeling well!!! Lol!
@nanette64 (17156)
• Fairfield, Texas
Good lord girl, it looks like you're ready for the End of Days. Just kidding @DianneN ; it's always a good thing to be prepared.....for anything.
You'd be surprised how fast two people can make it disappear! Lol!
There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. I tend to do my grocery shopping the same way. This also gives me an advantage whenever a storm is coming as I don't need to panic since I have all I'd need till its over. I cannot imagine myself running out of toilet paper!
Thanks! I'm so glad you feel the same as I do. I couldn't imagine myself ever running out of tp either. Omg!