My adventure in plastic surgery - part 9

@ElicBxn (60895)
This time my mother was back in town. She picked me up and took me to the hospital. I wasn't exactly sure what the doctor was going to do to repair the hole, but I was more than ready for it to be gone. The surgery went fine, the waking up, not so much. I came out with an extremely severe headache. So bad, I threw up on the way out of surgery. I continued to throw up for several hours before they finally gave me something to calm it. As for the surgical site, it was closed and covered and had a tube leading out to a suction thingie taped to my stomach. My mother was very worried about me by the time they released me. Heck, with the splitting headache, I was worried about me too. I've had a long history of headaches, but this was the worst. It also lasted nearly as long as the headache after I totaled the car in 1972. Perhaps the only reason it didn't last as long was because they have better drugs to treat migraines now. I was refered to a neurologist. I was put on an "emergency" migraine pill 3 times daily. Now, this was also when my friend, Elaine, who I have mentioned many times, was dying. http://web.archive.org/web/20001001122730/www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/7246/elaine.html and I was down in Houston as much as I could be. The good news was this surgery was good, the bad news... I was still suffering from the after effects of the drugs. to be continued...
In my discussion: My adventure in plastic surgery - part 7 http://www.mylot.com/comment/2904551/17289797/25335330 my friend @TiarasOceanView said that what...
Whoa I wonder what they gave you to cause such a reaction? Oh my El! Absolute agony I am sure. Good to hear the surgery went well, but... I have bookmarked and taken a look at the page about Elaine RIP
@ElicBxn (60895)
I think it was 3 doses of anesthesia in less than 4 months. I do have a long history of allergies after all.
@ElicBxn Yes that might have done it..though I dare say they may have just overdone it that time. I know once when I had a surgery, when I woke up I did not stop throwing up for 3 days. Finally the doc prescribe something they give to cancer patients, some sort of anti nausea and it stopped then. I had had surgeries before but never had that reaction.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@TiarasOceanView I guess you can see why I was concerned when I came out from having my shots - with anesthesia for the second time in 3 weeks - with a headache...