Spring already?

Centralia, Missouri
I swear, Texas didn't really have a winter this year, and here it is, already spring. No snow, but that's pretty normal. No ice either, and that can be normal. Not tons of rain, until we got it all at once in the last couple weeks. We'd really rather it come all spread out, not all at once Mother Nature please and thank you. The rose bush in the front yard is probably going to be blooming soon, and yes, it's on my list of things to grab a photo of. We need to get the sunflower seeds planted, and I have two baby lilac trees that I have had in a pot inside all winter that need to go in the ground. I don't have hopes they will bloom, I dont know that we get cold enough for that plant, but I am going to try! So how is the first day of spring for you? Any plans today?
It's chilly here because of the wind right now. But the sun should make it feel a whole lot warmer. Hope our back tree starts to bud soon.
I dont actually know what it's like out, but it was chilly when I was out at 5 this morning
@Jessicalynnt You were out even earlier than me!! I was at the grocery store by 7:20!!
@Susan2015 work day (on lunch atm) so out the door before 530 am
My last comment was something about 'already spring'. The year seems to be flying. My mum had a lilac tree which she really loved. She was very proud of it. I hope yours does bloom for you. Talk to it a lot - that might help. :)
you cant find lilacs down here, so I dont know if it will ever bloom, but one can hope. We had frost this morning! Coldest it's been in weeks, and now it's spring, not winter, is funny
@Jessicalynnt You weren't supposed to be able to grow tulips where my Mum lived either but she managed it so maybe your lilacs will flower for you.
@JudyEv I am really hoping so, I keep thinking, now I should plant, and then it frosts, so for a bit longer, they are living in their pot inside. I take it outside some days for a bit then bring it back in
Also southern Switzerland had no real winter this year. The first day of Spring is amazing, sunny warm with a blue sky and a nice breeze.
I guess I just assumed all of Switzerland had snow during the winters
@Jessicalynnt The south of Switzerland is not as cold as the north, but we usually have snow several times during winter, but not this year.
@LadyDuck so it sounds like this year was also an odd weather year for you too.
@rina110383 (21987)
We don't have spring here in my country.
does it go from winter to summer, or just stay something?
@rina110383 (21987)
@Jessicalynnt We only have rainy and dry seasons (Summer)
@rina110383 I want to live somewhere with only fall! lol
Idaho didn't either. Sort of a strang pre-spring. Want to get some writing done and posted. That's about it for today.
these whole last few months have had the oddest weather
@Jessicalynnt ....That's for sure. Makes me wonder how the summer will go.
@celticeagle short I hope,. lol
I sent my grandson a birthday message on FB. He was born this first day of Spring. Other than that, I'm relaxing today after my day yesterday.
the bank stuff? sounds pretty terrible! I dont get how they can keep loosing the same stuff.
@Jessicalynnt I don't know how they can either, but they do.
We didn't have much of a winter either.
I hope this means mild summer too
@Marcyaz (36147)
Spring there not here as it still feels like winter here. We still have some snow on the ground wish it would all go away now.
we are so far south winters are usually rather wet and not much else. hope your snow melts!
Cool. We also had a mild winter here in MN. Only a few snowfalls and only a few weeks below zero. Now we are staggering in the 30s qhich feels like a heat wave! What part if Texas do you live in? I had a friend who lived in Fresno (I think its called) outside of Dallas for many years. I visited and thought Texas was the coolest place!!
We are a couple hours east of Dallas, Texas is deff cool, but not cool temp wise at least not in summer! lol
I've been anxiously waiting for spring to arrive and kick old man winter to the curb. Don't know if he's going to go without a fuss because they are saying a bit of snow to arrive tonight
I remember getting snow and ice storms in april growing up! So in my head the first day of spring never meant actual spring.
The first day of Spring appears to be pretty sunny so far, not that warm. Can't wait to see a photo of your rose bush.
I saw a bud the other day, so hoping for some blooms soon!
@1wldngl (3996)
We had a pretty chilly frost last night and I was glad I had waited to plant my seedlings. I sure hope my plum trees didn't take it too badly. I need to get my sunflowers planted to and start getting the seedlings out of the greenhouse. I LOVE SPRING!