Let's sing.

@xFiacre (7441)
Ireland
I've been watching a program on TV this evening about tenors and how they do their stuff and I've decided to change careers. Tenors are now my heros, especially when they sing Verdi, Puccini or Rossini, anything Italian in fact. The fact that I can't sing doesn't detract from my appreciation of a good tenor, in fact it may well enhance it since all I can do is appreciate and be drawn in rather than be tempted to participate and try to emulate.
I cannot carry a tune according to my dad who studied voice in New York and was in the opera Carmen. He is right, but the damage was done. I do not like opera one little bit but I do love Rock n' Roll.
Wow! I'm pretty impressed that your Dad sang opera. Usually kids inherit their musical ability from their parents.
@Asylum (48096)
• Manchester, England
Puccini arias are magnificent if sung by the right person, but they are also very demanding for many tenors and only a handful have ever performed them adequately in my opinion.
It is amazing the voices of some of these singers. They look so 'ordinary' - no offence intended - but then they open their mouths and this incredible sound soars forth. Goosebump stuff.