And the schools have closed!

@CRK109 (14290)
I guess there's a good sized snow storm coming our way tonight/tomorrow. Most of the schools in the state (if not all) have already closed and I'm hearing from friends with children that their kids are already doing the chant (snow day!). I plan to get up early and keep working on my donation bin. I only have one more closet to check and then it's going through dishes and mugs and cups. I'm only bringing service for 4 of my dishes and my holiday dishes. I doubt I'll even need that many, but some friends have expressed a desire to come and visit along the way, so I'll have that much room. Paring down my mugs is more of a problem. There is only one that I use for myself regularly, so that one is easy. But I had given my husband several personalized mugs along the way with names and photos on them. They meant the world to him and so they mean a lot to me. My nephew loves one of them so I'm definitely bringing that one. I have to make some real decisions about the rest. I really can't take them all. So, I'll have a snow day with no interruptions to get this done once and for all. And then a VERY busy day on Tuesday! -Claudia-
@amnabas (9955)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes personalized mugs are in vogue these days I hope your nephew loves it too.
@CRK109 (14290)
The one that my nephew loves so much looks like a baseball and it has the name of the company where my husband used to work. Since my nephew loves baseball so much, that has become his favorite! :)
Enjoy the snow day sounds busy, but maybe fun too.
@CRK109 (14290)
I'll make time for fun! Can't work hard and not reward myself in some way! :)
Sounds like your clearing out is going really well. Some things are really hard to let of off aren't they? I don't envy you going through your mugs.
It is not easy to pare down on our things, good luck.
I hope it gets easier for you. I really can't imagine your struggle.
Take the ones that have the happiest memories.