Well, I have my $1, guess I can stop posting now...

...said no one ever. Some people have said $1 is too low of a cashout for various reasons. Myself, I used to be on a site that actually let you cash out at 1 cent. I never did, except once just for the hell of it...I usually let my money build to a quarter or so, a few times I even let it go to a dollar. But many of us there enjoying chatting, and we were quick to report spammers and get them tossed out (it did help that we had a handful of moderators keeping an eye out). But $1...I think it is good for a few months, sort of like a test for many of the newer users to see that they do actually get the money they earn. For people that don't want to cash out for a dollar, or any low amount...all you need to do is remove your paypal address from 'settings'. myLot will leave your money in your account, and you can re-enter it later when you reach the amount you would rather cash out at. Myself, I wouldn't mind seeing the cashout lowered to $5 permanently after the $1 period is over. I think lots of users get $5 a month, and it might be easier for them (easier on their mind anyway) if they didn't have to wait to reach $10. For myself, it doesn't matter...I've been reaching the $10 each month consistently, and pretty easy...but I am a motormouth that is here all the time...lots of people don't have the extra time to invest. But yeah...I've got my dollar...and I'll keep posting. I like gravy.
I remember when Bubblews raised their cash out minimum to $50. I was so close to the original $25, I felt discouraged. I kept on plugging along and eventually made it. Here it has taken longer to get to where I am, but I understand here there is a more sustainable payout rate.
Yeah, I was there when they raised it too, and I cashed a few times, then I quit posting because I saw how it was going
@Mike197602 (13935)
mylot has more competent people running the site than bubblews had.
Oh same here @Morethanamom when they raised the minimum, I felt stressed out trying to make it to 50.00.
If they are doing this to get people to be more regular who haven't been in the past how is this going to help? Even if they come how will they even know this is going on? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. For those who just aren't able to get on here often it will help them. I'm just talking about the ones that don't come on here often at all.
It is written on their earning page, if they come at all they'll look and see it
@Angel_15 (676)
• Manila, Philippines
I've just come back and upon hearing this news I got excited and vowed to make more posts. So it does work, but only if you come back in the first place. I think it's more effective on people who are thinking of quitting. Maybe now they've changed their minds.
@JolietJake ....Glad to hear. I wondered.
@Mike197602 (13935)
I don't mind whatever they set the cashout to. I think it's a good thing they're doing and it will certainly be good for some. As it won't be bad for me I've no issue on whatever they eventually decide the cashout to be. Just the same as the earnings being shown, we can decide how we want to do things. Take the dollar or let it build up to $200 if you want to.
• Merced, California
I like to save myself just in case there is a unexpected bill or if im short on something. I have paypal but i never spend the money, i just let it build up and save.
Same here and the fact that I am going to make the next payout, even if it is under 10.00, is good enough for me.
It's good that Admin has lowered the payout amount . Now , i am assured i can always have money on my Paypal every before 15th of the month . But i wonder if Paypal would deduct from such a minimum amount still ?
They will probably deduct their normal fee for converting from USD to your currency
@JolietJake Oh i hope so . Thank you .
@yalul070 (1750)
• Manila, Philippines
yes they will dear, perhaps a proportionate amount. It's their business. that's why cashing out at $1 will not work to our advantage.
Just curious - do you still get paid for deleted posts? Meaning posts you specifically have submitted - I know it doesn't affect comments and responses.
I have never had my earnings deducted for them.
@JolietJake That's good. We can look forward to more then! :)
@yalul070 (1750)
• Manila, Philippines
Good question! and you picked the right person to ask that question to because of his vast experience about deleted posts
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
It may be my imagination or my memory playing tricks, but I seem to recall that we used to have the option of setting our own minimum payout level. $10 was still the lowest available, but we could choose higher amounts if we preferred not to withdraw so early.
Nope, you're right, in the old day we had several choices we could set it at
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
@JolietJake Oh, so maybe I am not as senile as I thought.
@Asylum Seems it was $10, $25, $50 and $100 if I remember right
@1wldngl (3991)
Actually, I thought that same thing, $5 would be a nice medium amount for a payout on this site. I'd go for that.
I know how you can get $5...$10 if I see both of 'em
@1wldngl (3991)
@JolietJake Look, I told you I am NOT making matching sweaters for you and Scar. Grammy loves him but not that much!
@1wldngl Silly woman! I wuz talkin' 'bout yer feet!
@rina110383 (24068)
I'll let mine stay there and wait for it to reach an amount enough to buy a plane ticket bound for Illinois to visit and see you in person.
@Angel_15 (676)
• Manila, Philippines
I have't got my $1 yet so I'll definitely keep on posting. I like this low payout. The $10 payout seems so unattainable for me, what with my work and family keeping me busy.
Yeah, people that have an outside life would have trouble reaching the $10. Myself, myLot is my life pretty much...can't decide if that is good or bad, but it means I do cash out every month.
@Angel_15 (676)
• Manila, Philippines
@JolietJake I guess good or bad depends on how you look at it.
• Merced, California
1 dollar a month they will be paying? I don't quite get how this works.
They will pay more that $1, but you have to earn at least $1 to get paid
• Merced, California
@JolietJake Iam 0.7827 cents lol long way to go still ha, but im trying though. I have not been very active lately.
@pgntwo (22755)
• Alanya, Turkey
5 bucks would be a reasonable threshold, I agree. Or $2.50, at the lowest. Motormouth or motor-fingers? :)
Fingers I guess since I don't have one of those fancy talk-and-it-types deals
@pgntwo (22755)
• Alanya, Turkey
@JolietJake The read-out-loud-what-is-on-the-screen device can prove much more embarrassing...
@cherriefic (4805)
I think that I will still have to continue as well to at least worth my time.
Yep, no sense to stop just because you reach the minimum
Okay,enjoy the dollar there.What kind of gravy do you like
Sausage gravy
I also like the idea of $5.00 minimum to cash out.
@ChrisH09 (280)
• Trinidad And Tobago
This is really good, I myself have only been on this site since yesterday and I think I too would be able to earn engough for cash out this month as well. The $1 dollar mark may be low but when people actually gets a cash out it makes the whole experience really and better, even if it is just $1.
@Lazyblogs (495)
• Chandigarh, India
I also reached my first dollar here on mylot
@HazySue (23885)
@JolietJake the dollar mark came and went and still I am posting. The $5 payment sounds good to me too.
@ShyBear88 (18588)
I'm sure I'll have more then a $1 before the end of this month. Well I actually have $8 since I haven't made $10 in the last 3 months anyways. I'll take the dollar or whatever Mylot gives me and just let it sit in my paypal account the rest of the money I have building up in there. That's just me I'm weird and I know it. I'm hoping after these test run they move to $5 instead that sounds reasonable to me. You still got to put a lot of work into get that $5.
@yalul070 (1750)
• Manila, Philippines
Lol! Are you talking about me? The only reason why I don't want to cash out at $1 because it would just be eaten up by paypal and remittance fees so I won't feel that at all. Thanks for the tip: I will only need to remove my paypal address if I want my bank balance to grow first. Got that sir. Noted. As I said in one of my responses, I take this as a confidence-building measure on the part of MyLot. And it's actually a commendable idea. I haven't come across any violent objection unlike before when they played with the idea of posting the bank balance on user's profile. So this should be good. But like you, I am of the position that MyLot should also consider permanently lowering the minimum payout at $5. This way, I won't have to tinker with the paypal settings every now and then, especially since I get forgetful sometimes.