My Typical Lunch

As many of you recall - I sort of made dinner for Valentine's Day and attempted to replicate this pasta dish (on the right) called: Orecchiette Pasta & Cherry Tomatoes with Perline Mozzarella. This is one of my favorite pastas and I literally eat it 3-4 times a week! It would be much more affordable if I learned to just make it myself as it is pretty simple though... Anyhow, I also like to get Edamame + Snap Peas with Shallots, Chives, & Sesame Vinaigrette. I would prefer the pasta and edamame to be separate but it'd cost a little more if it was so whatever. Then, for this week Whole Foods has $3 off the Avocado/Cucumber Sushi Roll so I picked that up too. And that is the closest sushi I would eat and it was yummy! What is your typical lunch? Do you have foods you often repeat in a week? Photo belongs to me!
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
My typical lunch is a fruit smoothie.
Ooooooh I said I would buy fruit to make smoothies with the magic bullet ~ but I am lazy. I totally have to! Going to drag boyfriend tomorrow!!
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@infatuatedbby Get some Kale or spinach to add to it too...gives you some veggies too and you can barely taste it.
@T_gray Oh yes - that's good to add in smoothies. Eating them by themselves is a no no for me. I can taste it lol.
@gofsey (1594)
• Madurai, India
Yes, I like porridge for dinner. But the other folk like chapatis and idlis. Nice to meet you infatuatedbaby.
Porridge is delicious! I like to add chinese donuts especially.
@gofsey (1594)
• Madurai, India
@infatuatedbby we usually have coconut chutney. But I guess donuts would be fine too.
@gofsey Sounds delicious! The donuts are put in the porridge.
We eat the same thing daily - sandwiches...always have and always will! The cold cuts we get can only be found in a few stores and it is a taste of home for us.
Ah yes! I love sandwiches made with cold cuts too!!
@infatuatedbby That's why we shop every 5 days.
@AbbyGreenhill I go to the grocery store quite often too, lol.
Avocado/Cucumber Sushi Roll sure sounds good.
It's the closest thing I will eat to sushi.
@infatuatedbby .....I have never had sushi.
@celticeagle Really? I never had raw - just the ones that Japanese would be like that's not even sushi like (above) hehe. Any local Japanese places around you?
@rakski (23511)
I do not have really a typical lunch. But a staple food here is rice. But since me and my husband in on a "trying to lessen the carbo diet" we either have bread, pasta or rice and veggie salad
Hehe - Good luck to your diet! I eat rice a few times only ~ I am not a huge fan of rice.
@rakski (23511)
@infatuatedbby thank you, we really need to that.
@MGjhaud (20866)
the pasta looks yummy. id love to try it sometime soon. i dont normally eat lunch cause i wake up a bit late in the morning. so i would normally end up having brunch which is coffee and some eggs and bread(the usual breakfast really). i dont eat too much during that time cause it usually troubles my stomach.
The pasta is really delicious! Do you have a bigger dinner instead?
@MGjhaud (20866)
@infatuatedbby usually its heavy yeah..
@LdeL0318 (6435)
It looks so yummy though I am not a sushi person.
I am not a sushi person either just the basics and not a lot too.
@LdeL0318 (6435)
@infatuatedbby I only tried sushi once. Maybe that one I tried wasn't just really good enough.
I was ordering Teriyaki Chicken with Mixed Vegetables almost every Tuesday for about two months. It got to the point where the people on the phone knew who I was and could tell me exactly what I was going to say. THat looks delicious by the way. Oh but for my meal (work) lunch I tend to get Tamales with Salsa Verde. It's an Amy's ENtree.
Oh don't worry ~ this place remembers me too. Then when I switch it up (which I rarely do) they go (shocked). Ha-ha. Tamales with salsa verde sounds yummy ~ I haven't had tamales in such a long time!
@infatuatedbby One time the guy says to me "I almost didn't tell you your total but you switched it up and added something!! haha. I haven't had proper (as in from a restaurant or friend) tamales in a looong time.. but oh I could eat them up!
@Lucky15 (33687)
looks yummy :) vegetables and fish :)
Sounds very good for you and healthy!!
The food on the right in your photo...the pasta dish...looks delicious. I have never heard of that. I don't usually eat lunch. I usually have to coffees then eat a snack then dinner. Thsts my typical day.
I never heard that kind of pasta dish until I tried this place! I love it, it's called Orecchiette Pasta & Cherry Tomatoes with Perline Mozzarella. It's really yummy!
@rina110383 (24069)
One of the foods that I love is California Roll! I could consume 36 rolls. Reminded me of the photo above. Typical lunch? I don't take lunch because I sleep during lunch time. Yes, I often repeat food in a week. I always eat baked chicken and tuna omelette during Saturday nights.
Whoa! You can eat 36 rolls! Hehe. I am not quite a fan of sushi but I can eat a little only or I get sick of it. Baked chicken and tuna omelette sounds really good!!
• Denver, Colorado
I just eat whatever for lunch, if I eat at all. In other sushi news, they are opening a sushi place a couple miles from us. Can't wait until it's finished.
I am not a huge fan of sushi ~ I avoid anything raw hehe. But that is good to hear a new restaurant opening up for you!
My typical lunch chicken noodle soup and, tuna sandwiches yummy.
Yum that sounds good! I don't often eat tuna sandwiches but I like tuna salad. And chicken noodle soup is a must once a week for me .
Just like you , when i super like a dish , i eat it over and over until i feel like i won't eat it ever again for many months .
Hehe! Yes ~ thats me!
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes we do get repeated dishes in a week sometimes.
Yes - agreed I do too!
@Ladypeace (2047)
I would totally snap your lunch. When are we getting together for a meal is what I'm asking. My bestie lives in Westminster, I wonder if you're near?
Hehe! I live about 2 hours away from Westminster. I just visited there last month. I go to Westminster a few times throughout the year.
@AkoPinay (10096)
For lunch I love to eat rice, fried fish and veggies like moringa or mixed cowpea, squash, bitter melon, eggplant, okra cooked in coconut milk.
I have never tried okra cooked in coconut milk. I am not quite a fan of okra but that sounds like an interesting combination. I don't often eat rice but when I do ~ I really like fried tofu with lots of green onions.
@ReiraLee (217)
The photo of your food looks great. I love avocado, and I love avocado juices even more! My typical lunch are vegetables and chicken.. and this menu is pretty much repeated as I do not have the time to cook.
I love avocado too! I don't often drink avocado juices - do you typically smoothie it ?