Are you worried when you fly?

@miniam (9241)
Bern, Switzerland
Given what has been going on, lately I'm more and more worried when l fly. The excitement which used to be there to fly the buzz at the airports no longer excite me. Last year when l had to change flights in Istanbul, l was so terrified I thought of cancelling my flight but could not, l booked without insurance so cancelling would have meant losing the money. Are you too worried to be at airports and to fly? Or do you accept what will happen will happen?l worry a lot when l have to fly but then l say what will happen will happen
I don;t. Life is too short. Besides flying is safer than driving, even in the current terrorist type climate.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
totally agree that flying is safer but with crazy people out there convinced crowded airports are the place to show anger,l try to travel less.
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I don't mind flying. but hate the waiting time in the aeroport and the queue in the baggage stuff.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
waiting and queues are a part of flying.when l travel within Europe, i fly light only with hand luggage so when we land, im off without having to wait for baggage
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
@miniam That's good for you. But travelling with kids gets more baggage .
@Marcyaz (35670)
I never did like flying although I had to at times. Now I would not get on an airplane for anything.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
You cant say that.Flying and aeroplanes are safe,it`s the crazy faceless people that scare me
@Marcyaz (35670)
@miniam I have to disagree with you on this.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Marcyaz Why would you not agree with me on this?Are you not worried of evil people who do not show their faces and yet plan bad things?
I am worried, I had a lot of pleasure traveling in the past, but in our days I am more and more worried.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Same here Anna, i don't like flying any more, l travel less than l used to.
@miniam We also travel less than we used to do, the world is becoming more and more dangerous.
I feel not comfortable if there is some flight changes. I'm pretty sure it would be a stressful situation to deal with.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
I`ve had over 2 days delay but that was because of winter storms,delays which no one explains make me nervous
@gudheart (12752)
I am scared of flying which is why I don't really travel :(
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
You have every right to be.Flying is safe,what scares me are the crazy F******
@gudheart (12752)
@miniam I get motion sickness too, which worries me about flying too.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@gudheart Poor you, i thought motion sickness is commonly at sea?l have never experienced this
@rina110383 (24134)
No, I'm not. Whatever will happen is already beyond my control and I'll just let it happen.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
I want to say easier said than done, whatever happens is beyond our control sure but l hate for it to happen because of someone
@avi256 (4372)
• Pune, India
I dont worry because I feel if something bad has to happen, it can happen anyway, anywhere.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
l worry,but like you l do say,what will happen will happen but I definitely travel /fly much less compared to 10 years ago
@RussTeed (1511)
Actually, I am 51 years old and I have never flown on a plane, or flown on anything.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
wow,do you not feel you are missing on something i mean visiting a foreign country and stuff like that?ok l know USA is quite large, you can drive from one state to the next and feel like you`re in a foreign country. Switzerland is so small i can move between 3 countries in 8 hours,or in some cases less, i can move from Germany,pass through Switzerland to France in just in 4 hours.
@RussTeed (1511)
@miniam I have been to Canada twice, but I went by bus. These days, I wouldn't want to leave this country. terrorism is out of control. I expect it here soon.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@RussTeed l do feel the same, sometimes l wonder which place will be safe to live
No, I'm more worried about crashing and terrorists. The security at the airport was very secure when we flew home from Istanbul, the morning after the Paris attacks.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
im not worried about crashing,airplanes are safe,what im worried about are terrisists in airports,flights and making every place unsafe
@Hate2Iron (7858)
Yes, it makes me very nervous and I don't think that we are alone!! A friend flies for work all the time and she says that even she's nervous before every flight!
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Sad really that some faceless people can put fear in so many people