Self driving cars- well??

@sallypup (26294)
Moses Lake, Washington
So much has changed in my life time. I can not imagine what my 94 year old Mom has seen. And then the idea of self driving cars. And the headline: no stop lights. I am kind of not sure about this one. Too many near misses on the highway. And then again, if I had the money, I could buy a car that tells me when somebody is in back of me as I back out of a driveway. And I could buy a car that heats my rump IF I had the money and wanted it. Etc. etc. I can't imagine not being in control. And my Mom has never driven. She has never been in control of a vehicle ever. Sped down the freeway praying her driver was sane and with it and awake.
oh my if I were to have a driver I would hope he would be sane and know how t o drive reall y well specially on the freeways wow
@sallypup (26294)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley The idea of a car driving by itself on a fast freeway gives me the shivers.
One would still need to drive defensively as not everyone will be driving the self-driving cars. The idiots on their cell phones driving obviously to what is around them, or the drunken driver, or someone who just isn't as skilled with driving will be the ones that cause the accidents. Who will be responsible if and when an accident would occur?
@Lucky15 (33439)
better to pay for a driver than have those self driving cars, safer
@Marcyaz (35765)
How about those stupid round abouts, I absolutely hate them. Self driving cars maybe in the future.
I would have to see it work really well before I ever got in one.
The technologically adept could do a myriad of things to disable any self-driving car. Doesn't seem like a good idea if that car could be messed with by anyone who had the skills to do so.