Mystery Man on the Bike Path

Colorado Springs, Colorado
This actually happened about fifteen years ago, but I'm still perplexed about it all these years later. A day after a long bike ride, I decided to take a walk (active recovery) down Denver's Cherry Creek Bike Path on my lunch hour. As I walked, there was a guy ahead of me. He was well dressed in a smart suit. He was also carrying an empty gin bottle. He gave no indication of being intoxicated, despite the empty bottle. He turned off the path, and I continued on my walk. On my way back to work, the same gent was in front of me again, sans bottle. He was now carrying a Manila folder. What the heck? Now I was truly intrigued. Did he trade the bottle for secret gin documents? Or some other Top Secret papers? (Maybe he just wanted to throw the bottle away, but there is no mystique in that. I'll stick to my secret documents theory. I think he was some sort of gin spy.) It has, occasionally, bothered me since, wondering just what this bike path mystery man was up to.
Cold Gin from Kiss. Album : Alive!. Released 1975 Lyrics: Whoo, alright My heater's broke and I'm so tired I need some fuel to build a fire The girl next doo...
@DWDavis (14200)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I think your assessment was spot on. The man was obviously a gin spy.
Yeah, it's the only thing that makes sense. Maybe he's a Slugworth, only with gin instead of candy.
@inertia4 (27713)
That does sound like a strange situation he was involved in. Hmm. Well, you did pick the perfect song for this post. Cold Gin. Kiss is my all time favorite rock band. Nice!!!
I love the version on Alive!
@inertia4 - Really, that was the album that turned them into superstars. One of my favorites.
@inertia4 (27713)
@teamfreak16 I remember it well. LOL. I remember seeing them on the Midnight Special back in 1974. I was blown away.
@Ronrybs (7427)
• London, England
Now I am wondering what was going on
It was 15 years ago and I'm still wondering what was going on.
@Ronrybs (7427)
• London, England
@teamfreak16 Have you told anyone else? I feel certain I've seen a TV cop show where something similar happens and is all tied up in a crime
@Ronrybs - Maybe he conked someone in the head with the bottle, then stole the folder.
• Preston, England
a bottle of gin for state secrets? Bargain, sadly I don't have access to state secrets lol
If they were state secrets, he was carrying them in a non-secure folder. But maybe that was his plan to throw people off. Oh, this guy is good.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 I always hate unsolved mysteries when I only get part of the story and get left without closure
Wow you could write the book also if you wanted to..mystery fellow with secret documents..gin..this is quite intriguing tale Scott.
I had no idea why he was carrying an empty bottle. Strange.
I have no idea what it could be but there is probably a very simple explanation - but the gin spy sounds much better. :)
That does sound intriguing - like you, I wonder what he was doing.
I don't know, it was strange, weird, whatever you can call it.
@louievill (19681)
Perhaps the bottle contained samples of some sort, then the Manila paper could have contained either results, instructions or even money, just my wild guess
That's a good theory, actually!
lol I wonder what he was doing too.
It was just so weird.