I had no idea an espresso machine was so expensive.

Dallas, Texas
I was thinking of getting me an espresso maker. Well, it would be nice, but a thousand dollars ain't chicken feed. I once had a combo coffee and cappuccino machine that worked for over a year for under a hundred dollars. I think it was a hamilton beach cappuccino plus espresso coffee maker for under a hundred. It was satisfactory for my purposes. Do you think a thousand is a bit high for such a machine? If I could make my own espressos I wouldn't have to go to Starbucks no more except for when I get a gift card and have some points on it. I managed to make gold level at Starbucks but that just translates to a few hundred dollars so far spent on coffee I could have made at home and without dealing with all the preppies.
For that reason I would I truly search for a machine that could save me money. You know the cost of coffee was why I bought my machine. But,then I saw that I was buying those k cups and not using all of them. I sold the machine and walmart gave me a regular coffee machine. I will use that machine when I want a taste of coffee and not shop outside. I cna only imagine your savings after a year buying no coffee in the shops.
@CoralLevang (37259)
@sharon6345 Walmart GAVE you a coffee machine? How did that happen? @lexiconlover Did you like the stovetop style? I have not used one like that,as I burnt one up in the 1970s. LOL I know some who swear (still) by that style. LOL
• Pensacola, Florida
@CoralLevang I liked it.
• Pensacola, Florida
Bialetti Moka Express 3 cup stove top espresso maker $22.93 on Amazon..
• Pensacola, Florida
Where on earth were you looking? There are plenty of places you can find them for much cheaper.
@CoralLevang (37259)
Or you could spend $15 to 35 on a stovetop espresso maker like we used to use when people drank real espresso.
• Dallas, Texas
Wow. Really? Cool! I have 3 French Presses and they do make good strong coffee. Yum. But you have to preheat the water, press and then let set for several minutes and usually you get some grounds in the cup. Not the best solution but it does fall in this price range. What is the brand of your stove top espresso maker?
• Pensacola, Florida
@lookatdesktop there's a really good one we used to have. Let me check the name
@CoralLevang (37259)
@lookatdesktop I like the French press. I also remember the stove top percolators. Never cared for the plain ol' boiled coffee, though I can make it. LOL
I wouldn't never pay that kind of money.
@Marcyaz (36138)
I think that is way to much to pay for an expresso maker. Why don't you just get a regular coffee maker and drink coffee instead of wanting one of those.
@epiffanie (8351)
Oh yes they are ridiculously priced ..