I don't know what to do now..

I tried to watch a video that Ocean sent me to change isp's. I could not follow his accent. I called the cable company and due to me having my own router they can't help me with the issue. My internet keeps cutting off. Which is killing my swag goal every time I need to restart a video on encrave. being that it's shutting off I don't know the real nature to it and it hurts me. I don't want to buy a new computer just to be wasting money. I am actually trying to buy my mom one for her Birthday if all works out.
@yukimori (9069)
Doesn't sound like a computer issue to me. How old is your router? If it's more than a couple years, it very likely needs to be replaced. You might be able to unplug it and then reconnect it to get it working temporarily, but I'm betting it's nearing the end of its lifespan. They don't usually last all that long. My husband and I shocked one of the reps from my ISP because our modem/router was about 8 years old when we replaced it... we limped along with reboots for more than a year before deciding it just had to go. If you do replace it, I'd say your best bet would be to buy through the ISP. That way you'll have the tech support for it right through them.
It's about two years old and I reset it today. I will unplug it again and see if that helps. In oct I can just buy a new one. That will be good. thanks very much.
@yukimori (9069)
@sharon6345 Check with your ISP, too... they might be able to do installment billing on the purchase of a modem/router, or otherwise they typically have the option to rent the equipment for a small fee per month.
I go through internet problems at times too. Right now, I keep getting a message I need to change my adapter settings, and I do, and then it still doesn't work. I would call your router company and explain the issue.
They won't help me without me paying $199 since the warrenty is up.
@sharon6345 That is not right art all.
ISP is internet service provider so a videon on that is only going to tell you about competitive rates and pricing. No third party who can help you with thte situation? a computer geek shop for instance?
Im no genius on computers so hope someone can tell you what to do to stop the problems now that is a cop out I have ,my own router too and the cable company fixes ,my problems when I have them,
Hope you get it figured out. Hate to have these type problems.
I am going to just get a new router in a few month. I am not sure I can do it sooner.
@sharon6345 ....Ugh! Hope it works for you.
Maybe you should ask your internet provider to send help .
I hope you can get it all figured out.