The Dentists Today

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
I went to the dentists this morning for my six monthly appointment. When I got in there the dentist told me that I was due for an x-ray and I told him that I thought I had had one recently. I am sure that I had one last time I went to see him, but who am I to argue. So I let him do the x-ray and everything was fine. I had the usual clean and polish and made my next appointment for six months time. My teeth were fine before I got to the dentists but now I have come home , they ache like mad. Do your teeth feel worse after going to the dentist?
They because of the cleaning and all the poking around there. Breathe that sigh of relief that you escaped with no damage.
@millie02 (6908)
I am glad that I did not need a filling, I just hate the sound of that drill.
@millie02 Don't I know it about that drill sound! Gives me a chill in a bad way.
Yes, very often.
@millie02 (6908)
Does it take long before they stop aching?
@ReiraLee (218)
Yes, they become a lot more sensitive because of all the cleaning and polishing that they have done. Sometimes my gums will also bleed at the dentist. How I dread going to the dentist!
@millie02 (6908)
I don`t like it either, I get very nervous when the appointment is due.
Yes, they do sometimes. I queried the need for so many X-rays but was told that the degree of radiation is much less nowadays. I'm still not that happy about it though.
@Ronrybs (7331)
• London, England
Always happy to be told there is nothing to be done after a trip to the dentist