Yummy Fish Curry!

Secunderabad, India
Seafood is good for health and it is much better and healtheir than meat. We eat fish at least once in a week, today I made fish curry it turned out very delicious and tasty. We make fish mostly in two types I.e curry and fry and we do get these fish from different places of India. The people who are non vegetarians it is better for them to choose seafood rather than meat and thats what my Dr suggested me.....Do you all like fish? How frequently you all eat fish? Do you agree with me in saying fish is much better than meat??
@rina110383 (24141)
I love eating fish. I eat fish once a week. Yes, it's better but I get hungry immediately when I eat fish. I have to eat lots of them. I never knew there is such a thing as fish curry, though I've tasted chicken curry.
• Secunderabad, India
That's nice that you eat fish rina .. It's good for health ...may be in your place fish curry is not made but in India fish curry is available almost in every state.... But next time if you get a chance do try and taste it ...because it's yummy I like it
@rina110383 (24141)
@sheelahasan Yes, it looks delicious. I like food in thick sauce like curry
• Secunderabad, India
@rina110383 me too rina even I like the same!
@Mike197602 (13367)
• Worcester, England
I do like fish and other seafood but I've never had a fish curry. It's something I should try and have seen prawn curries on various menus so will have to give them a go.
• Secunderabad, India
Hey Mike you should try fish curry because it's very tasty and delicious but it will be little spicy as well....next time do try it.
@Mike197602 (13367)
• Worcester, England
@sheelahasan I'm not to great with spicy food. The Indian restaurant I got to know that so make whatever I order less spicy
I love fish and all seafood and try to eat it twice a week.
• Secunderabad, India
Nice to know that Judy
I eat fish a few times a week.
• Secunderabad, India
Few times a week that's nice marlina!
This dish looks so attractive. In fact here we don't have many curry food, but I like it. I just haven't tried the fish curry yet. Usually we will cook the beef and potatoes with curry. We usually steam the fish. This is our most common way to have fish.
• Secunderabad, India
I see I understand youless but fish curry is delcious.However it is little spicy if you are the one who likes spicy dishes then u should try this TC!
@sheelahasan I am just afraid the fish bones in the curry because it is not easy to pick them out in my opinion. This is why usually we just use meats to make the curry dish.
• Secunderabad, India
@youless I see they are few fish available with less thorns but again not sure whether it's available in your place or not you might want to check and buy that fish
@Ronrybs (7301)
• London, England
I've never tried fish curry, think I shall have to give it a whirl one day
• Secunderabad, India
Hey Ron should try fish curry because it's delicious
@Ronrybs (7301)
• London, England
@sheelahasan Sounds really good, I have a book of Indian recipes, sure that'll have a straight forward one for me
• Secunderabad, India
@Ronrybs yes Ron you can check in that book otherwise you can check in you tube as well
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
I hate all seafood ... but if someone offers me something else like chicken or other dish made with curry Mamma mia! would devour in seconds ... I love the curry is unique!
• Secunderabad, India
Oh is it I know few people who don't like sea food that's alright but I am sure you will enjoy chicken and meat more .....
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
@sheelahasan I really do not like the sea ... even a simple shrimp, I do not like the smell or which might throw up on the spot, it is not something psychological feel dread when I'm around someone who smells fishy .. is not tolerate the smell makes me nauseous ... not in my personality.
@Hate2Iron (7699)
I do try to eat it at least once a week. :) This looks pretty good!!
• Secunderabad, India
Thanks Shirley! Yes it really came well we enjoyed eating
@AkoPinay (11705)
Oh first time I heard of fish curry. Maybe I should try that. In the Philippines, we cook fish mostly fry, steam, grill, in vinegar (paksiw) or in sour soup (sinigang) depends on the type of fish. Or, no cook (ceviche). I eat fish and veggies almost everyday and meat once in a blue moon.
• Secunderabad, India
Hey Pinay Ako then you should try fish curry you can check the recipes through you tube or you can read this from Indian Cooking recipes book! Its little spicy but very delicious hope you will like it!
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
I eat a lot of fish but no meat.
• Secunderabad, India
That's really nice Boingboing it seems meat is not good for health at all
@LeaPea2417 (19750)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I like fish and try to eat it at least once a week. The fish curry dish you made above looks very tasty.
• Secunderabad, India
Thanks Anne! That's great you like fish too!
Very good share Sheelaji. Which fish is this? Pomfret or Bangra? I like fish curry.