Get Off My Butt!

@1wldngl (3991)
Living in the country most of us are ultra aware of the farm to market roadways and the hazards that can, literally, jump out at your moving vehicle. Loose livestock, or wild game can become life threatening and you learn to stay alert of your surroundings. Cattle, horses, goats, deer, wild turkeys...even buzzards can fly up into your window and cause damage to your vehicle or cause you to wreck. I once came upon a litter of wild piglets spread, dead, on both sides of a country road. Each piglet was about 40 lbs, give or take, and there were 5 or 6 total. I can imagine what damage the vehicle took. It really irritates me when I am getting tailgated by another vehicle and especially on a country road. The car kissing my bumper today got schooled really quick like when I came up on a flock of buzzards feasting in the roadway. I had time to see them and start slowing down and honking my horn. I don't have full coverage on my old vehicle and can't afford a busted windshield. I gave them all fair warning, the tailgater and the buzzards. The driver backed off after that. Ha! Funny thing was, they turned on my road right after I did. I guess they had to be home really fast. Don't you despise tailgaters?
They are a curse - I sometimes brake for no reason just to warn them.
Yep @jaboUK a good brake check has been done by me in the past and oooh the looks and even fingers going up at me for doing that is commonplace, but someone needs to teach them, right ?
@1wldngl (3991)
I've been known to slow way down for a consistent tailgater. LOL
despise?hate them.I am just waiting for someone to hit me.There is a whip lash.
@1wldngl (3991)
Ha! I understand that temptation.
Yes tailgaters can be annoying and slowing down to almost a crawl really infuriates them but you cannot train everyone to be road worthy . . .
@1wldngl (3991)
That's what I like to do if they keep at it.
@1wldngl just be careful you don't get someone so riled though that it becomes road-rage k ?
@1wldngl (3991)
@enlightenedpsych2 OH I will. You don't hear of that out here, thank God. Now....an hour away, in the city....yes...it happens often.
deer can total a vehicle
@1wldngl (3991)
Indeed! Our high school math teacher was killed by a horse that had gotten out of it's pasture. Totaled the vehicle, killed him and the horse. Our neighbor hit a deer on a motorcycle. He's very very lucky to have lived. The hoof barely missed his impaling him and he was in the hospital and rehab for a good while.
@1wldngl big animals can kill in wrecks, cant imagine hitting for example a moose or something. dad had a buck ram his truck door once, horns about spitted him and the whole door had to be replaced, and that was from the deer charging the truck, not the truck hitting it
@1wldngl (3991)
@deafdiva (243)
yeah I don't like tailgaters at all!
@1wldngl (3991)
They ride your bumper, pass you only to turn 200 ft ahead, or have to stop at the next intersection. They hurry to get no where any faster.