Camp Gladiator Week 2

@1wldngl (3991)
So I am in my second week of Camp Gladiator and I like it alright. My back it starting to feel better and I am feeling stronger. I've lost 3 lbs so far, which is not a whole lot, but I don't think losing it super fast is really good for me. I'm good with what I have accomplished thus far. There are three different trainers in our area and I have tried classes with each one and, pretty much, settled on one young lady who is really helpful in modifying the exercises for my back. I can't jump, can't run or jog...low impact. I can't bend without using my knees either, and sit ups have to be replaced with crunches. I am still getting a workout, so that's good. I have this week and two more to go and then we will see, as it isn't cheap, and we probably won't be able to afford it past the introductory price of $10. I am just hoping it will jump start me and I can continue to go to the park and workout after I drop my son off at school. Anybody else participated in Camp Gladiator?
@mommaj (22709)
This sounds interesting and fun. I have never heard of it. Is it an actual camp or they come to you?
@1wldngl (3991)
They have several classes available all over our area, every day of the week excluding weekends. You can go to any class, anywhere. You sign in, via the instructors tablet(ipad, etc) and then you can participate. Sometimes I go to the afternoon class and sometimes the morning. I prefer the morning as it gets my day started on a high energy note. They start as early as 4:45 am and the latest evening class starts around 6ish. So it's very accommodating. There are about 3-8 classes available depending on the day of the week. So it's pretty easy to find a time to attend. All different fitness levels are welcome too, so that's nice.
@mommaj (22709)
@1wldngl That's a good way to start your day. I might have to look into this. I hope you obtain your goal.
@1wldngl (3991)
@mommaj They are all over the US.
I am glad to hear that you are seeing results so quickly and that it is helping your back. By the way, losing three pounds in a week is really excellent.
@1wldngl (3991)
I'm ok with losing it slow. I know it will come up faster at first. Also...I am not so into the weight as I am into toning up, keeping my curves and strengthening my back.
@1wldngl Yeah, but three pounds certainly is not slow. It is a great start, especially since you are seeing other results as well. I have been lifting again. I am starting out with really light weight, but I can still feel the difference it is making. Unfortunately, I gain weight when I start working out like that, but I am not really worried about the weight. I just want to get more toned, muscular and stronger like I used to be.
@1wldngl (3991)
@purplealabaster Yip, me too. I prefer, especially as I get older, to keep a little meat on my bones. LOL And...dang....I can't believe we are both on here at the same time.
@topffer (33786)
• France
I like the name. Is it a kind of fitness camp ? The $10 are for a day or a week ? In both cases it is cheap, and you were right to take this "introductory price" opportunity.
@1wldngl (3991)
The $10 is for a month. You pay the $10 and if you go for 0-5 sessions you pay $40 more at the end, if you go for 5-9 sessions you pay $25 at the end, if you go 10 or more sessions you pay nothing more. So....diligence gets you a month for $10!
@1wldngl Oh, I like that concept ... it really is a great motivation to start and keep up on the sessions.
@1wldngl (3991)
@purplealabaster They also have "bring a friend week" and other options. After this, it gets expensive, but a little bird told me I might get sponsored, which would be really really cool and a blessing.
@ReiraLee (218)
We don't have this camp in our country, but it sounds similar to 'Boot Camps' that we have. Basically, you can sign up with the organisation on the timing and date that you prefer and you do exercises that are cardio in nature. Well, you can lose weight without a trainer..
@1wldngl (3991)
These actually do have a trainer present at every session.
glad to hear it is going well, maybe she can teach you what you can do later if you have to do it on your own and all
@1wldngl (3991)
That's kind of what I was hoping. If nothing else...if it gets me started.