Rocky shows up to save the day! (or morning)

rocky raccoon, morning coughee moment, scar, myot
So I was trying to decide what to write about and coming up empty-handed. The terrorist situation in Belgium has been covered a few dozen times, so no sense for me to go there...it's all been said already...and it can be said in two words...terrorists suck. There was the person that posted 35 re-written quotes as discussions I saw a little bit ago, but some deft reporting of the account got rid of that in one fell swoop. Then I thought to write about the missing set of sumo suits and how much of a pain it is to try to find them in the UPS orders (thanks for not writing them down Boss )...two hours of checking invoices has gotten me a definite 'maybe' but that's as far as I can get. And really, I didn't want to write a complaint about anything...I wanted a more positive start to the day. So I decided to forget about it and go fix breakfast. Which of course, I stuck my head outside first to check on Scar, and there's Rocky!! Yeah, I've posted about him before...but seeing him here feeding, and his relative unconcern with Scar and I as he goes about his business, is always a high point for my day (or early morning). He did show a slight irritation with me...after I took the final photo, he hissed to tell me 'Dude...yer disturbing me...now back off a bit, that damn flash is bright!' G'mornin' Rocky...and good morning myLot.
@owlwings (39409)
• Cambridge, England
Raccoons are one of my favourite animals. They are smart and fearless and wily. They also like to wash their food before eating it (though this one doesn't seem to mind about it too much). What is he eating? It looks like a frankfurter with mustard on it!
We put a few ears of corn on the tree embedded on a nail
I can understand how an owl might like an racoon.
@nanette64 (17711)
• Fairfield, Texas
Raccoon's are extremely smart @owlwings . One time I had a garbage bag in the back seat of my car and I left a window partially down. When I came out the next morning, everything from the bag was opened up and all over the car. I was particularly upset when they opened a canister of cocoa and poured it into my drivers seat. I think if allowed, they could open a locked safe.
I have enjoyed your pictures on Facebook. Rocky seems to have firmly moved into your neighborhood. Yep, I am having a hard time coming up with interesting ideas and things to post. I often do not have my camera in hand when I see stuff and some things you just need a photo for the full effect.
Some of the photos I wish I had...run to get the camera, and it's too late
@JolietJake I seriously hate when that happens!
@amnabas (10309)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Aww he is enjoying that's for sure.
Yeah, he seems fairly sure he's safe here
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Are you feeding the raccoon or is he availing himself of something left for some other animals or birds? I know we have raccoons, we saw a baby one that had fallen from a tree, but ours never let us see them. Only if you get outside before dawn and peer into the darkness can you catch a glimpse.
There's always leftover corn from feeding the squirrels the previous afternoon, and he comes to 'clean up' after them. The first few times, he ran as soon as I came out of the house, but now he seems to realize we (Scar and I) are no threat and mean him no harm.
@Lucky15 (33751)
Good morning scar and rocky He surely doesn't want any phot op
I'm starting to see him here pretty often
Well at least Rocky posed long enough for a picture. 35 quotes? He/she must have been on a roll. I've seen a couple that just post emojis. Quick to report those too. The sun is shining today. I did a bit of shopping and returned $13 worth of bottles. Now home and relaxing. Thought about going to the next state to do more shopping but talked myself out of it.
Gmorning to Rocky and JJ and Scar. I hope the day is kind to you friend. It is sunny and we are digging out here in Denver.
Good morning to both of you.I love raccoon.There is something about them. You are right too many topics on Brussels and Donald Trumps
@destimona (1930)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Surprised to see your regular visitor.
@Hanyouyomi (1943)
• Dallas, Texas
ARaccoon, named "Rocky..." Did you come up with that yourself, or are you a Guardians Of The Galaxy fan?
It's actually from a Beatles song in the 60's
• Dallas, Texas
@JolietJake Funny, that song was the inspiration for the name of the comic-book character and Guardians Of The Galaxy memeber, Rocket Raccoon too. I'm guessing it's a generational thing.
Aw he is so cute! Glad he saved the day, but you found plenty to write about just by saying you didn't know what to write. You could make writing about dog poop interesting and you would get plenty of responses I am sure!
Dog logs...I might have to use that sometime
@JolietJake If anyone could do it you could!
@mammots (3273)
Good morning Rocky deserves a reward because he successfuly made you smile this morning
Looks like one of his cousins showed up today, but it took off running as soon as I opened the door
@mammots (3273)
@JolietJake It had Scar in mind. He was thinking " Better safe than sorry"
• Preston, England
An impressive looking squirrel - hope the sumo-suits turn up ok
I'd be in trouble if that was one of our squirrels...imagine a dozen wreaking havoc out front every day
• Preston, England
@JolietJake we get them in our garden regularly
Not complaining about anything? Do you have a fever? Where's Bullwinkle?
Not sure, but his ol' lady was in Vermont last time I saw her
@JolietJake ...So he's gone AWOL.
Cool pics. Rocky is looking right you in one.
I'm talking at him as I am taking them, kind of 'Hey, don't worry, I ain't gonna take your corn or anything'. He'll give me a glance, but he appears more interested in the corn than in me, other than a threat assessment.
@Platespinner (16782)
We have raccoons and 'possums that will come right up to the door to eat the cat food that we set out for our resident stray...brazen fellas.
I'm sure this guy would if I left any there for him
@Morleyhunt (19865)
Stepped outside this morning to get wet. It is pouring rain. They say light freezing rain is occurring on the weather network.....but who really believes them anyway. Have a great day, and I hope you track down those sumo suits.
It started raining here shortly after I took these, which was enough to make Rocky leave for drier climates and Scar to decide it was time to come in.
@MsTickle (24980)
Cool collage and a really bright post. My day is heading into evening but happy posts are always welcome.
@1wldngl (3991)
Raccoons are hilarious and super smart. We had a baby one, in the house, when I was little. It got out and went through the cabinets in the middle of the night, throwing things willie nillie. We all thought we had a very loud burglar and couldn't imagine what he might want in our kitchen cabinets.
Rocky and Scar like each other.