Uncomfortable conversations

@avi256 (4531)
Pune, India
Quite often in our life we keep avoiding an uncomfortable conversation, just because we either think that this is not the correct time or we do not want to hurt the feelings of others, or it could potentially lead to more uncomfortable conversations. This uncomfortable conversation could be with your parents, your spouse, siblings, or your friends. These uncomfortable conversations could be mainly on relationships, money, love, desires or difference of opinions. Sometimes we just cannot gather enough courage or motivation to get into this uncomfortable conversation. I personally try to dodge this conversation, until it reaches a point where it cannot be further left untouched and sometimes I feel we should break the ice and get into those uncomfortable conversations as early as possible. Do you like to face those uncomfortable conversations or you try to avoid it?
• Lenox, Georgia
I avoid uncomfortable conversations because they usually lead to confrontation. I hate confrontation and I avoid it like the plague!
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
Do you feel avoiding uncomfortable conversations is like playing safe?
• Lenox, Georgia
@avi256 Oh absolutely I never said I am brave! I never want to hurt anyone, I don't like when people are mad at me, and I hate fighting. I am definitely a peace keeper, and I like that about myself.
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
@LovingMyBabies You are so honest and you know your emotions.
@LeaPea2417 (23323)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I stay away from uncomfortable conversations.
• Galati, Romania
I really, sometimes, want to keep those uncomfortable conversations because it may help me in a certain way. But almost all the time I don't keep them.
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
Yep sometimes it allows us to liberate, and frees our mind of lots of stress.
• Galati, Romania
@avi256 That's very true. And point that sometimes in our lives we have to tell our childrens those things. Those type of conversations
@JMAndres (726)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
I always avoid conversation about religion to my best friend (We don't have the same religion). I'm afraid that if we will talk about it we may say hurtful things or may offend each other. :(
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
Infact , I too would avoid talking about religious point of views because this is very sensitive issue and should be spoken with utmost care. We never when we may hurt someone's feelings.
@JMAndres (726)
• Zamboanga City, Philippines
@avi256 Yaps, and whenever there where times we need to talk about it, we just respect each others opinions, so that it wont ruin our friendships. :)
@sjvg1976 (18388)
No one likes to face such uncomfortable conversation even I too don't like it. But I would say it's better to face them than to face more problems afterwards.
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
Yes one needs to be mentally prepared before getting into it.
@sjvg1976 (18388)
@avi256 absolutely. But that's for sure if you don't face it them you will have to face it in future which will be more tough to handle.
@divssri (977)
• Bangalore, India
I always like to avoid that type of situation, i cant face it.
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
@divssri But how would you deal with the situation where you have to face it and there is no escape?
I discuss everything with my husband. It depends on whom the discussion is with. There is one person I would like to discuss something with, but it would cause major problems that make sense to avoid.
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
The problem with uncomfortable conversations is that once you get into it, you never know how difficult it would be to come out of it.
@sugartoes (43887)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it depends on the conversation & who's it about or what's on other wise I would either get in on it or just let someone else take over the conversation over & not bother with it at all. but since I don't talk to anyone I don't have that problem
@avi256 (4531)
• Pune, India
I would give a scenario where a mid age father wants to tell her daughter who is somewhere around 25 years old, that he wants to get married to a 22 year old girl. Now this will surely be uncomfortable for a father or that 22 year old girl to confront it to the daughter.
@scheng1 (24741)
I do not need this or want it. if I want any information, i can search online or go to the library to do my research.
@sabashekh (1231)
• Bhopal, India
Probably no one would love to get in such situations .. But there are some we need to face ;)