3 people called in sick today

@ricki_911 (19872)
Toronto, Ontario
yes, the roads were a little messy but if you took your time it was fine. I took about 25-30 minutes longer to drive in. But I knew we were getting bad weather so got up early. 3 people called in sick all driving large SUV, or trucks, and living closer to the store than me. The manager was fuming and said well we know their work ethic. I said well I need the money and rarely call in sick. I have never called in at this job,but the one girl calls constantly.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
That is bad work ethic like your boss sad. If the one girl always calls in...isn't it time for her to get wrote up...I hope so.
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
I doubt they will. She calls in everyday it is bad, or she doesn't feel good. I said once if she is that sickthen maybe she needs to go to the doctor. I have several chronic illness immune disease and have never called in sick.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@ricki_911 Well, I guess all in all, its only her money she's losing out on...and eventually her job or her references for other jobs..
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
@T_gray My work is way to nice to all the workers They let way too much slide, and then they expect it. The girl doesn't know the meaning of working and her parents hand her everything. She lives in her parents basement with her boyfriend, and doesn't pay a cent.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I bet you had extra work today
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
I did! None of them seem to care as they sat at home. The weather wasn't that bad.
@Blondie2222 (22580)
Well glad they know who really loves their job and is always working. I always show up in bad weather too i just leave early or make other arrangements so I can still get there. I don't like calling in either.
@dodo19 (33640)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
You have a good work ethic. It's always good to plan ahead. I tend to look at the weather, so I can plan for it.
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
I am the same way. I have only been late once and that was due to a flat tire. The one girl calls in every bad weather, or she doesn't feel good.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Stay true to your ethics,you will reap the reward some day
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes,I have always had a decent turnout with work, and getting extra shifts.
The boss should give you all the hours.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
My fiance is a delivery driver and he hates being stuck with the brunt of the work at their store because their people call out and/or just do minimal work while there
Wow. Thats anoying if the girls or guys are playing hookie and making the rest of the team work harder. I had this happen last week too - 3 people called out at once and it made the day super chaotic. I hope you got through it Ok.