Me? Actually enjoying MATH? Wow.

@Rohvannyn (3118)
Now, I once failed a pre-test for a remedial business math class. That's how bad I was. So color me surprised that I'm really enjoying the math in the Pharmacy Tech studying I'm doing! Great stuff, and the first time I'm had fun doing story problems. Ever. It's also fun studying to be a pharmacy tech. I know about two thirds of what I need from my day job, and the rest isn't too hard to pick up, really. I just need practice. Then maybe I'll be making $2 more an hour at my job, because that's what they pay people who have the certification! When I first figured out an IV drip rate, it was a good thing I was indoors because otherwise I would have raised the roof with happiness.
@sallypup (27503)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rohvannyn GO you!! The other benefit from all your hard work will be less time for you on the phone. That will give your throat a much needed rest. I am so proud of you.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Well, this job is still on the phones, because it's still at my home call center, but the other people who do it say there is a lot less stress involved.
@sallypup (27503)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn Its a job that would use more brain cells. I like that for you especially.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
@sallypup I use my brain quite a bit at work - solving the seemingly unsolvable and explaining difficult nuances of insurance plans. However, this would require more complex job skills and that will be a welcome break. It will also give me more responsibility.
@LdeL0318 (6445)
Good thing you are already enjoying Math. I love Math though.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
It's really nice to like something I used to hate. I'd rather like math, it's so useful!
@LdeL0318 (6445)
@Rohvannyn Yes it is even if most people dislike it. It eventually gets easy if you learn to embrace it.
@Asylum (48278)
• Manchester, England
Mathematics has always been my favourite subject, although it also seems to very unpopular with the majority of people.
i hate maths, but glad for you and glad for pay raises!!!!
See, you had it in you all along! Just needed the right time for those math skills to pop right out!