Dying Institution

@slayer08 (2382)
I don't believe Marriage is a dying institution as some would say but I don't believe in making it as a goal either by anyone for that matter. I say this because I see a lot of people (couples, esp) who are crazy about getting the best wedding or the most romantic wedding of all and they do so glamorously without (sometimes) giving considerations to what comes after the wedding day. While a lot others ignore it at all. I don't judge people's view on Marriage but I still believe that it's just the start of something and not just an announcement or a status. For me it has and will always meant something better than what it represents - it's the opportunity you have with your partner to start a new life together regardless and despite of what life throws at you both. And it's also a new and much more intimate way of communicating and trying to understand one another. just my opinion anyway.
@LdeL0318 (6498)
I totally agree with you. Most people would spend a lot of money for their wedding where in fact it's just a day and only the beginning of a long journey for the both of them. They might say we it's non of our business since it's their money and they worked hard for it but being practical, I must say it wasn't necessary.
@slayer08 (2382)
totally unnecessary. fairy tale weddings are a thing now actually which is ridiculous because although its the families' choice; it's not very good. Okay, so maybe they're both from wealthy families fine but what about those who are just going with the trend and not really from well-off families, right? Weddings are expensive and the money spent on it can already used to start a business or fund a college plan even. Maybe I'm too judgmental, but hey! It's just my opinion and for me - if its love then it should be priceless and the most memorable things you and your husband can build should not stop at Marriage but should be after it.
@LdeL0318 (6498)
@slayer08 Exactly. Some don't actually have their own savings, it's common here in our country that the parents shoulder the expenses. I find it so impractical. Instead of spending the money on extravagant wedding why not just give them a business or something to start up.
@slayer08 (2382)
@LdeL0318 you said it. I don't know - it's probably the influence of media that most young couple these days choose to have an extravagant wedding then slave away in a 9 hour job just to make ends meet then leave their kids to their parents instead. It is sooo true here in our country..sadly.
@epiffanie (8342)
Marriage is a partnership between two people ..I believe in marriage even though I divorced my first husband .. I got remarried again because I don't believe in just living together without legally becoming a couple ..
@slayer08 (2382)
I like people who think like you. I'm not too old and Im not too young either but I always appreciate women who has standards :) Marriage may be a commitment but it sometimes doesn't work out well but that doesn't mean we have to stop searching for our soulmates and as long as we don't play around.
In my own opinion, marriage will be prosper if they know how to be honest and respect to each other.
@slayer08 (2382)
open communication will always be the key to a prosperous marriage :)
I agree. I think marraige comes with challenges and people tend to give uo too easily. Also who really cares about a big wedding? It seems financially....well,kind of dumb. Lol.
@slayer08 (2382)
yeah, it's actually sad cause marriage is not equal to romance and never like a paper back romance novel where everything ends in marriage or happy ever after. The most challenging thing about it is the fact that after the bliss comes reality and that is what most couple nowadays overlooked. Yesterday, someone from my office (a young mother) came up to me and ask "why is it that you and your husband isn't sweet with each other, you guys just talk?" I smiled and told her "we are sweet but only when we're alone and not infront of an audience" it just saddens me somehow that most young people these days see having or being in a relationship as a trend or something to "show off"- it's always about "effort" and always about "attention"