My Easter Tree

Easter decorations, personal image by LadyDuck
Switzerland
Here in Switzerland there is the habit to make an "Easter tree", hanging empty eggshells on a dry grape branch . I had no dry grape branch, so I created my Easter tree, using a small dry branch that I have cut from a bush in the garden. I have put the dry branch into a glass vase and I have decorated with the eggshells that I have painted last year. In the picture you can see my little Easter tree. To decorate the table, this morning, I have bought the nice flower composition that you can see on the right of my photo. Do you decorate your home for Easter?
@topffer (36370)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
I have never seen something like this for Easter. Your tree is nice and artistic.
Thank you. I have never seen Easter trees in France and not even in Italy, I think it's a Swiss tradition.
I love that tree your created. My grandma taught me how to prick the egg and blow out the contents inside. I have a bunny garden statue on my porch and an Easter wreath on my front door.
The bunny garden statue must be cute. I also blew out the content of the eggs to keep the shell to decorate.
@alberello75 (19309)
• Genova, Italy
This Easter, I spend with my dear parents (my brother is in Spain, in Sevilla). However, we will open a half-meter high chocolate egg! It is the gift that my father won in a card tournament. The first prize!
Alessandro let us know what there is inside the egg. We do not have eggs with a gift inside here, I hope my Mom will bring me one.
@alberello75 (19309)
• Genova, Italy
@LadyDuck Sure! But remember, (especially for children), the "surprise" is often disappointing
@alberello75 I know, most of the time I was seriously upset by the "surprise".
I dont Anna. Your decorations are so lovely. So charming my friend. Thanks for sharing them with us.
It's my only decoration this year, just a little thing to make the table nicer.
@LadyDuck You are lovely to do so Anna..it is like a storybook to me
I love the different sized eggs and colors. The flower arrangement is gorgeous! I don't celebrate Easter.
My husband does not, but my family is Catholic and they come for the Easter lunch.
@LadyDuck Happy Easter!
@DianneN Thank Dianne, Happy Sunday to you and your family.
When my children were young I decorated the house with bunnies, chicks, and hung plastic eggs in the windows. Those days are no more. Heck I just barely took the Christmas decorations out of the big window in our kitchen. I had plastic over the window and just took the plastic down. Now I have my plants in the window.
It's a long time that I removed the Christmas decorations, they never stay after the 6th of January. I only made this small tree, easy to make and easy to put down.
@LadyDuck I often think about decorating, but don't. Maybe next year when my granddaughter is a little older I will decorate with her in mind. I love to see the reaction of the littles. They are a joy.
I usually do a little decorating for Easter but this year I haven't done anything festive. I love your Easter tree with all the pretty colored eggs and your table decoration certainly looks like springtime
I loved the flower decoration because it's very appropriate for a spring day.
Very pretty - I'll be right over for Sunday dinner LOL I used to decorate, but now it's just us so I keep the decorations in the boxes in the basement.
This is the only decoration I made, I wanted a nice dry grapes branch, there is a vineyard behind the house, but my husband prevented me to go there and cut a branch. I should have kept my mouth shut and to there.
That is beautiful Anna, you are so creative. We don't decorate for Easter.
In Italy we did not decorate, but here in Switzerland I saw people making those nice trees and I decided to make one.
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
The idea of an Easter tree is completely new to me. Do you have Ghost trees at Halloween as well?
I think that this is an all Swiss thing, it's the only country where I have seen Easter tree. Yes, they also have Ghost trees at Halloween.
@ridingbet (60701)
oh! We don't. Only on Christmas my dear. Nice Easter tree you have there. simply but elegant for me.
Thank you, in my native country we never made an Easter tree, but I liked the idea.
@ridingbet (60701)
@LadyDuck I wonder why that is not a practice here in my country?
@ridingbet I have only seen those little trees here in Switzerland, never in other countries.
This is the first time I am hearing about an Easter tree. Good to see you following every tradition. Nice work there. I used to make those tray gardens and even sold a few.
I have seen the Easter trees only here in Switzerland, yesterday in the mall they had beautiful trees, some of my neighbors have decorated their outside trees, a lot of work.
@HazySue (23779)
@LadtDuck I think your Easter tree is adorable. I also like your "Nature" display. I used to decorate for Easter, but no more.
I decorated more in the past, now I try to keep the things simple and easy to put down.
• Eugene, Oregon
Your tree and table are beautiful. We do not decorate for anything but Christmas.
This is the only decorations I am making, may be I will place a small basket with chocolate eggs on the table, but nothing more.
@Ronrybs (7931)
• London, England
One of my friends used to do that, don't think they were Swiss
I think that only Swiss make Easter trees. I have seen some beautiful trees in the mall today, the next year I have to ask for a grape branch.
@akalinus (22166)
Your Easter egg tree is very pretty and creative. I like the hearts and flowers you added. I love the little planter display with the chicken wire. All you need now is a fluffy little chick or two. Very nice.
I would love to buy a couple of fully baby ducks, but I am not sure we are allowed to have them in our area. It's a shame, I have a pond and I love the baby ducks.
@akalinus (22166)
@LadyDuck Um, I was thinking of the little toy ones you see where they sell Easter stuff. The kind you might add to a child's basket.
@akalinus I see, the little toys are so cute, I had a couple of chicks, I have to find the box where I have put them.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
Very cute decoration. Never seen that kind of things except Easter Bunny image. we have Easter on the 1st of May this year. We colour eggs and bake Easter cakes.
I know that you celebrate Easter later, I have seen beautiful decorated eggs from your country. Do you bake the cake called Pashka? I would like to try to bake one.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
@LadyDuck yes, some people make it at home. It is usually made of cottage cheese with sugar and raisins. As for baked cakes - there are plenty of them also in the shops. on the picture is typical cottage-cheese Paskha
@TypicalRussian It is beautiful to see on a table, of course I have not the special cake mold to give the right shape.
Very cute holiday idea ! Enjoy the holiday Anna and a big hug to you !
Big hug to you Erica, have a Happy Holiday.
@LadyDuck right about now I need a good kick in my rear BECAUSE I failed to check on The Ten Commandments being aired on Saturday between our two holy days, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I will never say I am not capable of making mistakes, when in fact I surely made one, ugggh
@Hate2Iron (8029)
Love your little tree Anna... and I think that I will head out to Walmart and stock up on some eggs and a look in the back yard for something to hang them from! Just because darling granddaughter is so far away, it doesn't mean that we can't decorate for ourselves!
Good, I am glad you like my little tree and plan to do something similar.
That is so Kool. I don't celebrate this holiday but if I did I would want to create a tree like your's.
It's very easy to create this tree and you can hang on it what you like more, not only eggs, but also silk flowers or butterflies.
I might try something similar one day @LadyDuck but for now I'm creating areas where hopefully I can grow some vines, trumpet vines would be so kool since the hummingbirds here don't have a lot of food sources other that the feeders some people like to hang from branches if they have trees.
@rebelann I love the trumpet vines, I would also love to plant them near the house, I love their color.