I Need to Plan an Event for My Shoes

Our son's wedding was a few months ago and the invitation indicated that attire would be "formal." I did wear a formal gown and of course I needed the pricey shoes to go with that gown. I love the sparkly shoes I wore. I want to wear those sparkly shoes again, but walking the dog in those shoes would make for one very uncomfortable walk. I suppose I could wear the shoes to the grocery store, but I do not want to distract those shopping for their groceries and cause someone to forget to purchase an item on their list. The library would not be the right place to wear the sparkly shoes since the shoes would interfere with the comprehension of text by the readers. I think I will plan a formal event that would allow me to wear my worn-once shoes. Might as well wear the worn-once formal gown to the event too! I will be sure to invite my new daughter-in-law's mother to the formal event because she is stuck with sparkly shoes and a formal gown too! All the men in the wedding got to rent their tuxedoes with tails and the dress shoes too! All the ladies in the wedding party are stuck with formal gowns and sparkly shoes. Not fair!
Sounds like a fun event so you can all wear your formal gowns and those pretty sparky shoes. Men get away with murder when it comes to formal attire. What color was your gown?
My gown was a midnight blue with silver sparkles throughout. Guys are so lucky to be able to rent their stuff for weddings. My son even got a free tailored suit due to the fact that the guys in the wedding party rented 12 tuxedos. That was a lot of business for that place.
@Yar_Joey (3296)
wear your shoes, my dear. It is not always that you use them so this affair is right for you. Enjoy
@Yar_Joey I will wear those shoes again. Just need an event that will work for sparkly shoes.
@Yar_Joey (3296)
@Corbin5 how about attending church events? with a good dress to pair it with, wearing those sparky shoes is nice. Isn't it that we have to wear our best clothes when going to church because we are presenting ourselves to God?
@Ladypeace (2047)
What pretty shoes. Normally I don't wear heels but I do have pairs that I use for formal occasions.
@Ladypeace I do love the shoes and will look for another formal occasion to wear them one more time. I can then donate the gown and the shoes to charity after a while.
You could have one of those English teas. They can get quite formal. @Inlemay would be able to tell you all about one of those and all of you could wear your sparkly shoes and formal gowns.
@just4him An English tea sounds just perfect!
@Corbin5 Let me know how it turns out.
well, just wear them once you hear an event coming from your friends. unless, it's party that doesn't require formal dress though. nice shoes btw.
@Letranknight2015 If I hadn't paid so much for them, which I never do, I guess I feel they need another wearing.
@zarlamain (24885)
Such beautiful shoes! I bet you looked lovely in them!
@zarlamain They are pretty, but I took them off later in the evening because my feet hurt!!!
@zarlamain (24885)
@Corbin5 I'm sure they would've hurt. Did you get any bruises afterwards?
@zarlamain No, no bruises, but since I retired from teaching, I was just not used to wearing heels.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That is the problem with formal wear, you don't get to wear it very often. I don't have anything in my closet like that. Maybe someone should go into the business of renting formal wear for ladies, but guess they would have to carry a lot more variety than is needed for men.
@AnneEJ I think there are some places in our area that rent formal wear for ladies, but I was so excited, I just went out and purchased my attire.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@Corbin5 Hoping something else comes up for you to wear your outfit.
@CRK109 (14413)
I say wear them whenever you want to! Even sitting in your home reading a book! I can't wear fancy shoes anymore because of my bad knees and how I miss them! I used to love shoes! So wear them and enjoy every second! Shoes should not just sit and wait for a "happening". :D
@CRK109 I bet I will come up with a way to wear them again. The would look good with jeans and a sparkly top, well maybe!
@CRK109 (14413)
@Corbin5 oh I bet they would, too! :)
I was thinking that those shoes would look divine with a bikini and lace wrap at a high-brow pool extravaganza. Of course, you would then have to make sure that you had the appropriate champagne glasses and silver serving trays for the hors d'oeuvres not to mention the caviar, etc., so maybe a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant would be easier.
@purplealabaster At my age, I think the fancy dinner is the way to go.
@Corbin5 It probably would be easier and perhaps more enjoyable.
It would be nice if we could rent our formal u know it will be worn only once clothing.
@andriaperry I do believe there are ways to rent formal wear for women, but did not even think about that. Should have thought about that.
@Corbin5 I will have to remember this because I dont wanna have to buy of I can rent.
I have a pair of shoes from my sisters wedding 16 years ago.... Only worn once and my own wedding shoes from 1989.
@Tampa_girl7 Well, then I will just have to come to Mississippi and pick you up for the event to celebrate our shoes!
@Corbin5 sounds like a plan
@GreatMartin (5727)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Yes fair---men aren't in competition--well not clothes-wise!!!! :O) PS Let your husband rent another tux and take you to a 5 star restaurant in your sparkly shoes and formal gown!!!
@GreatMartin Yes, that would do it! We live in a Chicago suburb and there are plenty of fancy restaurants in the city!
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@Corbin5 So when are you going??? :O)
I need some events to wear my nice clothes to also. Picking up the mail just doesn't require dressing up!
@paigea If I arrange an event, I will drive to Canada and bring you here so you can wear you nice clothes. We always vacationed in Canada, so may you and I will just vacation there in nice clothes.
@Corbin5 Sounds like fun! I should have donated some of my nice clothes when they were newer! It would be a nice find at a thrift shop to find a barely worn up to date dressy dress. I like your idea of wearing it again and then donating it. I meant to add that I saw an episode of the Dragon's Den where some women had started a business for women to rent designer clothes. They were already successful and were asking for help from the Dragons to expand their business. So there are options. And they shipped their clothes to customers too.
I still have my formal gown and hand studded rhinestone tipped shoes that I wore at my son's wedding - once. Now I have to go out an do the exact same thing for my other son's wedding. I hope you'll invite me to your formal party. At least my husband has his own tux, which he's worn many times. He just buys a new shirt for each wearing.
@DianneN Will alert you to the event! Two retired teachers with sparkly shoes will be a big hit at the event. Our son received a free tailored suit since he had 12 tuxedo rentals. The ladies got zip! I know you will look gorgeous at your second son's wedding! My husband's tuxedo was not of the style required for the Christmas-themed wedding, but he can wear his for the planned event.
@Corbin5 It figures that the ladies got zip, as usual. Geez! My son had his tuxedo, vest, shirt, and all his suits and shirts custom made. He was on a kick back then, no thanks to his father-in-law. Two NYC co-ops and two children later got him off that kick pretty fast. Lol! I'll await your alert to the event. It will be a blast!!! Btw, what did you teach?
I have several pairs of shoes that I bought for special events and I almost never wear. Plant a nice evening out so you can wear your shoes.
@LadyDuck I think your idea is great! My husband and could go out to dinner at a pricey restaurant and I will wear those shoes. He will pay for the dinner of course!
@Corbin5 Of course he will pay for the dinner, this is part of the plan. Chose a good restaurant that you really like.
@brokenbee (8033)
That is a nice pair of shoes. Hmmmm maybe you can use them when you go to church. =)
@brokenbee I am sure the folks at church would think those shoes are a bit too fancy, but who are they to judge? It is church after all!
@brokenbee (8033)
@Corbin5 yes, I agree. =)
@PainsOnSlate (20524)
Its not fair, I have shoe I bout for events and ended giving them to friends, I don't like wearing them, but i bought them...if only you could rent shoes...
@PainsOnSlate I will probably donate mine to charity after one more wear. They will make another late happy!
@Corbin5 Good thinking. I have two huge bags to deliver to the charity shop next week.
@ridingbet (59426)
that is a beautiful pair of shoes, my dear. What color of gown will you pair with that silvery sparky shoes?
@ridingbet The gown was a midnight blue with silver sparkles throughout. Will try to wear them at least one more time.
@ridingbet (59426)
@Corbin5 have yourself shot on picture when you wear them (gown and shoes) and please make a discussion, my friend.
@Teep11 (7138)
Sparkly shoes are great for an outing. Would great for a formal event of some sort. You have to wear the shoes more than once and perhaps you will.
I hope I get another chance to wear them. Kind of feel like a princess with all that sparkle.
@suzzy3 (8357)
I have a pair of shoes and a dress in my wardrobe bought for my daughter's wedding. Maybe I should plan a formal event as well. Seems wrong men can hire clothes while us girls have to buy.
@suzzy3 We both need to get at least one more wear from our pretty shoes!