I Like Cats

By JJ
I has me a cat. It is warm and furry and it likes to purr. It doesn't dig holes in the snow. It does dig holes in the yard to poop. It wants to have a pet squirrel. It has a raccoon for a partner-in-crime. It is very demanding. But it is oh so warm and furry-purry. I like cats.
Talking about snow I remember reading about a cat that worked on an igloo - I do not think Scar is capable of such originality
An igloo is in reality a shelter made from blocks of packed snow...which is why I said the media loves to 'spin' stuff...a hole in the snow is simply a hole in the snow
@JolietJake That's exactly what I am saying Boots improvised that igloo using his originality. There were no blocks of packed snow. Give him credit I say
@allknowing He was trying to get out and wasn't smart enough to just climb...
@rina110383 (24145)
Do you like chubby cats?
I like all kinds of cats.
@rina110383 (24145)
@JolietJake No more further questions.
@vandana7 (62331)
@rina110383 ...Are you a lawyer? lol I kind of wait for you two to interact...come on rina..let us have some sparkling conversation here..with some romance sprinkled on it..
I wouldn't trade mine for the world. When looking for a new place to live, they must accept cats. They keep the rodent population down, that is a bonus. They are beggars at mealtime. Catterwall for a morsel or 5 that you have on your plate. Snub their little noses when you present them with something that is not to their liking though. Scratch your junk kitchen chairs rather than the walls or your better furnishings. Chase little red dots that appear out of that little wand you hold in your hand. Or just sit and look at you like you have two heads, in the case of our older cat. "Yeah, you go chase it." Yup, love my cats.
Scar goes nuts over 'the dot' at night when he's outside and I start running it back and forth across the lawn...hard to believe how fast he can turn
@JolietJake we haven't tried it outside with Dusty. She is content to have it appear inside when she is bored. She knows the source of the red dot. If we have it in our hand and the dot disappears, she automatically looks at the wand. Smart kitty.
@suzzy3 (8367)
What a sweet little cat and poem.
Sweet? I don't know about that...
@suzzy3 (8367)
@suzzy3 He is pretty goofy, but he's got a devil hiding in there too
@epiffanie (9748)
Very healthy looking cat you have
He's finally growing into his feet...he'll be a year old in May. He's m' buddy.
When I first got him, I wasn't sure if he'd grow into those paws or not
@JolietJake How cute his paws are so big! Is going on a year old still considered a kitten? When do kittens become considered to become cats?
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Looks like he's fond of posing in that window... Sure he's not from Amsterdam? :)
@pgntwo (21551)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake That's good to know, imagine the effect on the squirrels of Olney otherwise!
@pgntwo Especially with the big picture window in front
@TheSojourner (17488)
I love cats, but I'm so allergic to them.
I'm glad I'm not, we had a bunch when I was a kid. I just have Scar.
@JolietJake even with my allergies, I have tried to have cats. Unfortunately, I seem to become more sensitive to them. Otherwise, I would have a dozen of them!
@louievill (18113)
I like cats too
He likes his window.
@louievill (18113)
@JolietJake First of all, Very nice writing I really enjoyed it. it has a good flow of words, and you picked out the perfect words! Now, How are the raccoon and scar a partner in crime? I would be afraid the raccoon had rabies and would give them to my dream pet if I had a pet that was able to walk outside a cage My favorite cat I named Patches that lives in the neighborhood and sort of roams around was in my backyard Saturday. I was thrilled as I haven't seen him/her in awhile! Never got close enough to tell the gender Whatever the gender Patches, is a gorgeous cat! But I think I like Scar better!Patches are pure white with a big black and brown patches of fur intersecting in a spot on his back! He is one of my favorite neighborhood cats! DID scar gets anything from the Easter Cat! My hamster was a good boy and got a whole basket full of treats from the Easter hamster! The hamster glazed donut was a hit! He is so good my sister, who is his aunt and godmother even bought him a bag filled with treats!
I never would have guessed you like cats!!!
I know, it's such a surprise, eh?
@Lucky15 (33429)
Scar...you heard that?
He made me write it
@Macarrosel (7576)
I have cats at home but I like dogs than cats.,
I am fond of the old saying 'Dogs drool, cats rule' Nothing against dogs, I'd just rather have a cat around.
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
It doesn't want pets it wants to kill them Then leave half eaten bits around the place
I saw what it was doing to the stray cat it caught when he broke free of his leash a few days ago...it was ugly, I was kind of worried for the stray...
@Sreekala (21962)
I like cats once and had them as pet too. Now the city life taught me to keep away from those things. Now neither I like cats nor I hate.
Having a cat in a large city would be a pain...I know people that do, but I like to let Scar out on his lead to watch the birds and squirrels and stuff
@MsTickle (24991)
Me thinks your cat has you.
@slayer08 (2363)
I like your cat, he seems cool and I haven't had any black cat before (pure black) just a really funny black and white cat :)
A very nice poem JJ. I like cats as well.
@nanette64 (17103)
• Fairfield, Texas
I love that pose @JolietJake . He is asking, "Do you want it open or closed?"
he said.Let em out here?what do I know about cats.I am a dog person.