Neighbourhood Musings

Rochester, New York
I was sitting on the front porch stoop a few days ago. I reside in a neighbourhood with older folks with pets. Some folks I wave at while others I don't. See some are more friendlier than others are. It's like that in all neighbourhoods I guess. I'm trying to become a bit more social with those in the neighbourhood as I found that I am getting more antisocial the older I get. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I just like my privacy and alone time. There are some new neighbours in the neighbourhood who adopted a couple beautiful grey hounds. The hounds needed more TLC and were a bit malnourished as you could see their spines. I see the pups outside all the time running around and playing in their back yard. They are roped up while outside alone because their backyard isn't fenced in. When they are with their mommy and daddy they are able to run around rope free. The dogs would stop and do their business. The ladies would stop and clean up their pups messes, but the men had no bags with them and left the poo behind. I found that really weird. I've never noticed this before. Maybe today was a fluke. lol
I live in a barracks type of aparments. There are probably four in each and two are facing and then one across the parking lot at either end. So four total. And on up is three buildngs of two bedrooms. We have lived here for nearly twenty years. It is housing and we have a Section 8 housing voucher for help with our rent. We used to live in an all white and had no other types living here. Now we are the minority and there are refugees from all over the world living here. They don't know English so it is hard to communicate except for smiling, nodding or waving. My daughter is friendly with a few of the women but not many. I don't go outside much. I have social anxiety and I hate to be stared at which seems to be the neighbors favorite pass time.
• Rochester, New York
I hope you will be able to get to get out more now that the weather is nicer. Sorry about the rude folks. It's no fun being outside and enjoying yourself when you have to deal with the rude stares.
@LisaSteinmetz ....I may be able to. It's a slow process. I don't care for the rude fok.
@Marcyaz (35589)
They really need to put up a fence as greyhounds like other dogs need to run and play. I hate to see any dogs tied up outside.
• Rochester, New York
I hope they do to. They have a good sized back yard, plenty of space for the pups to run around in.
@Marcyaz (35589)
@LisaSteinmetz Especially with puppies who like to run and play with each other.