Eye know a little more now.

Well, if you have been following my posts lately you'll recognize why I used the word "eye" incorrectly in my title. I finally did insist (to the doctor's office) on coming in to see the eye doctor, mostly for reassurance that the hideous sight in my right eye is, indeed, supposed to be hideous. He looked at my eye, did all the tests I am so used to by now (Who else gets startled by that one particular eye test that sends a puff of air into your eye?), and told me that it was healing nicely. He went over with me what to expect, and I told him I mainly just wanted reassurance that it was still okay. I also requested a nausea medication that had previously been given to me in the hospital. It worked a lot better than what the eye doctor had originally prescribed. By midday, the 20/20 in one and a big blur in the other leaves me pretty nauseated. I go back in a month. He said I should probably expect this blur for a couple of months. The headache and nausea from the messed up vision is a pain, but it will all be worth it. That is what I'm going to keep telling myself.
Do you wear an eye patch to help with the nausea or doesn't it matter?
I tried it and thought it would help. I was really surprised that it didn't.
@AmbiePam I'm sorry it didn't work, but I'm glad you're on track with the healing process.
@just4him Me too! Thanks.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Reassurance is good.. better safe than sorry. Glad everything's going okay. Did you ask him about wearing a patch to avoid the nausea?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I tried it a couple of weeks ago. I was going to just wear it while watching television. And if it helped I was going to call and ask the doctor office. Ten minutes in and it hadn't helped. Tried it the next day for ten minutes, and no help. So in turns out I didn't even have to ask.
@AmbiePam Oh that's too bad.
Did you decide to start wearing a patch on the one eye around the house?
I tried it, and to my surprise it didn't help. I think I would've had to literally tape my eye shut to make it better.
hi Ambie Im so sorryto hear youhave eye trouble b ut that it will h eal and you will be fine in t i me? I have a cataract that must come out lol
Are you going to have it removed soon? My grandmother felt so much better when she had hers removed.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Goodness, I hope they can get it all taken care of for ya
Oh dear a couple more months with blur? How annoying poor Ambie.
I am so sorry for you, I know how painful it is not being able to see well. Good luck.
I feel bad for you to have to go through all this. Let's hope that it takes less time that the doc said.
I dislike that puff test too! I hope that the month passes quickly for you and that you start to see a difference. This has been such a long haul for you but if it's cured in a few weeks time then that's great.
I hope that you heal soon.
Oh, that puff of air in the eye always gets me! Did you have cataract surgery? I'm sorry. I missed your post.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
I would not really say that the puff of air is actually startling, but we instinctively blink as soon as it hits the eye. It is some time since I have had the pressure of the eye checked that way and recently they have tended to use a small protrusion to push against the eye.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
I hope it gets better in couple of month. You may concern another doctor if not satisfied with this one.
Hope it's not too bad and, you have 20/20 in both soon.