About using photos taken with your phone...

iphones and Androids and whatnot are very popular for taking photos, which many of you want to share here...and that's a good thing, many of us love to see them. However, most photos taken with a phone are taken holding the phone sideways...so. when the photo is uploaded here, it appears sideways. To correct this, it would be advisable to upload the photo to your computer, then turn the photo sideways with the picture viewer you use...then upload the photo here. If the photo appears upright on your computer, but sideways here, then you still need to turn the photo before posting it to appear here properly. You can use 'edit' here to replace the first photo. Hope that helps some...
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I often wondered why so many photos are uploaded sideways. This has never been an issue for me because I hardly ever use the camera in my phone. I prefer to carry a real camera everywhere I go.
I prefer to have photos somewhere in between sideways and upside down lolz
@thesids (22357)
• Bhubaneswar, India
How about doing some yoga posture the next time you take one
@thesids I would look like a doughnut lolz
Appreciate the advice. Fortunately, my photos don't appear that way. Whenever I take a photo using the phone, I position it in a similar way I would take a photo with a real camera. I learned it from a relative who's a professional photographer.
I wonder all the time why people do not take a couple of minutes to edit the photo and post them upright.
@akalinus (22180)
I did not know we could. I thought once there, that was it.
@LadyDuck you are right.They can do this on their phone?
@topffer (36380)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@amadeo There are a lot of apps able to do it without even needing a computer.
Even some of my old photos taken on a camera and transferred to our hard drive show up sideways, but I always turn them before posting.
I don't have the capability to upload pictures to sites from my phone, so when I take pictures, I uploaded them onto my computer and sometimes do a lot of editing before sharing.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
I am always impressed with the technical abilities seen at myLot!
My phone would let me, but I don't do Internet with it...I've only got the phone I have because it is one Boss gave me, I'm on his cell plan since the phone is almost always used for work-related calls
I often load mine to facebook, which corrects them automatically, and then save them to the pc, then use that file for here.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
How clever of Facebook!
@PainsOnSlate (20662)
Thanks for the advice. If I ever get a cell phone I will remember that. I know, some day I'm going to have one just for my safety and well being as I become a tottering old woman!
@rosekiss (30258)
• Eugene, Oregon
Mine will look sideways on the computer, but if I take it with my iPhone, it will be straight up and down. I find that once I crop the pirture, it will end up being smaller, and it will appear on here like it should. I find it easier to post a picture using my iPhone than using my laptop. Thank you though for expalining how to do it, as I was totally confused as to what to do when that happens. I usually take the picture in portrait mode, though, more than the landscape mode.
@Drosophila (16697)
yep rotating your neck 90C to see the picture.. is a bit laborious!
I am in the ice age and I have an emergency trac phone. I was just " talking" about upgrading to a new service and ditching the home phone. I wonder if I could keep my number, I have had it for 20 years.
• Walnut Creek, California
I use the photo editor that came with my little digital camera. I don't take pictures with my phone. The editor (on my computer) means I can crop, enhance colors, re-orient sideways photos, etc.
I have to crop a lot of the photos I take from out front because I am far away from the squirrel tree and frankly, my zoom feature blows...someday I need to get a new phone
I have no problems with this.My I phone automatic transfer all of my photo to my desk top.I have all apple product.This is cool for me. It can be sideway,upside down etc.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Very good advice, while I love the photos my neck doesn't like looking at them sideways.
@mammots (3271)
All my photos are uploaded from my small digital camera to my computer.
It took me forever to realize I could put the memory card in my computer and didn't have to use the cable to transfer photos from my camera
@mammots (3271)
@JolietJake Inserting a memory card in your computer is also one way of transfering your loads of photos. But there is also the possibility of misplacing a very small memory card. I use a cable.
@Macarrosel (7537)
Thanks for the heads up about photos on phone. But so far, I never had that problem yet.
Phew! I had that experience one or twice and when I realized it was side ways, I change it right away. Some people out there are just contented uploading photos regardless on what positioned it was when uploaded. yeah, it does help thanks @JolietJake
That makes sense. If I ever have the opportunity to start taking pics with a phone I hope that I remember to do that. My pics are screwy enough without being sideways too.
@vandana7 (68596)
I would need this tutorial in future. :) I am trying to get pictures of my little friends loaded. For now,that seems to be tough as hell. But then, I am not going to share them for sure.
Good suggestions. First, I need to convince me I want to take phone photos.I will keep this in my mind.