Last Night At 3 a m I felt a sharp Jolt to Our Building

Garden Grove, California
I was in the hall, coming backfrom a potty run and the hall swayed and I ran into the wall.I almost fell but then I realized what in the world was going on. Gladly I staggered to bed ask itt was over. The bang was the start of a roll that nauseatelingly odd moving of the earth and your building, the rattle a sound of the b uilding moving the rattle had come first. The epic center of the light quake was in Hunting beach about five miles from here. A startling fact they say that in the next fifty years this area will have a 5 point earth quake. I am so glad it was not a hard one and I doubt that it did any damage but they sure scare the be jabbers out of a person.To me at my age a fall is never good so I made sure I did not fall.
Oh my goodness I am sure that is so scary! I am glad your okay though
yes it was scary but at leats I knew what it was it starts with a jolt then a bang like a truck has crashing into another truck then that awful rolling while everythig rattles.No one was hurt and no damage reportet b ut only filve miles away the epi center wow
I am so glad I never had to feel the sensation of the earth moving under my feet from fault line tremors and earthquakes, just from love and come to think of it, haven't felt that either in a long time . . . well not from the opposite gender in a relationship I mean, cause mom loves me but that is different, hee hee Glad to hear you did not fall and the building and room was still surrounding you when you woke up this morning ! What was the reading on the scale for the quake in Huntington Beach @Hatley ?
very gentle one 3.1 no damage re ported but l ike always its scary. the o ther kind I loved lol been a widow now a l ong time yep loving mom is different than ones hubby lol
Even the not serious ones are freaky!
yes as yo u always think oh dear is this g oing to be the 5 or 6 point one? Hhelp.
@Hatley I sat through one in Japan and it made my tummy turn over
I think that this is just the beginning of a series, not only where you live about around the area.
yes they saw here willbe mor and there wll ba a hard one in the same general area they say 95 percent sure u gh scary
@Hatley ......Yes, indeed. I wonder if the building you are in has any safe guards against earthquakes.
@cacay1 (32078)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Horrible quake, I hope no damages and casualties in the areas where quake hit much buildings.
only3,1 noinjuuriles or damage re prted very mkild one
• Rochester, New York
I'm glad your safe and sound. That must have been scary.
yes ideed it was so stoodt here and waited as walking on a rolling floor was not easy
@sallypup (20874)
• Moses Lake, Washington
What a nightmare for you. Yes, please do not fall. Even though I am years younger than you, I know the fear of falling. Take care.
yes m very careful just s ootther til the rolling stopped so I would not fall.
That was great that you did not fall.
yes thats always my dread the two time I fell changed my life first fall crushed my shoulder joint had to be made bionic with a steel and plastic shoulder joint
Glad nobody was hurt, that is pretty scary.
I think it was good I was almost to my bed as it was I ran into the wall with my walker but having lived here fr many years I have become accustomeet to the bt they alway sscare the bejabbers out of me,
@nanette64 (13185)
• Fairfield, Texas
I could never live in an earthquake area willingly, but Texas has sure been having a lot of them @Hatley . I believe ours is caused from 'fracking'; not that the oil companies would ever admit to it.
What a scary moment for you! Glad that you didn't fall.
Yikes! Glad you are okay. I never been in an earthquake where I felt it, but I remember hearing one when I was a teenager, it sounded just like a semi going down the road and where I lived, no trucks other than delivery trucks drove down my road.
yes firtst tat lod bad then the r attling and the rolling which usually only lasts sixty seconds but the harder ones last lolnger
Feeling the building shake beneath your feet is pretty scarey. I am glad that you weren't seriously hurt. Falls are not a good thing for anyone. If you have osteoporosis you need to be especially careful.
yes that is why I stood there an wated out the rolling as thats when one can fall andget hurt.
yes,falling is one of the big taboo in our generation.
thats why I just stayed put as walki ng on rolling floow is dangerous
@Teep11 (6445)
Thank God it was minor. I've heard about people's experiences during an earthquake. I'm sure you were quite startled.
yeds it happened while I was walking in the hall and startled me so I ran i nto the wall, hung onto the walker and prayed please do not let me fall. I stood there while it shook as it rarely lasts over sixty seconds then got in bed. it was a very light one nobody hurt and no damages
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That sounds awful. I'm glad that you weren't hurt.
thank G od it was very mild 3,1 just the bang then the shake while things rattle and stayput while the room rolls never lasts longer than 60 seconds
@STOUTjodee (3346)
So glad you didn't fall!! Also a good thing you went potty BEFORE it happened!!
hi wow so glad to see y ou @STOUTjodee me too I probably would have waterd the f loori