Challenge Ten things about me.

snow,
Roseburg, Oregon
1. I am married to a great man. That will do anything to make me happy. 2. I adopted four children and had two biological sons. One when I was 14 and nice months old. 3. My father was in the army and I spend the first sixteen years of my life overseas. 4. I did not see TV until I was sixteen and we came back to the states, 5. I was lucky enough to have been married twice to great men. 6. My first husband died of cancer. 7. I worked for over forty years in retail and worked nights while my kids were sleeping. 8. I have a BA in early childhood education. Not enough money to work in a day care center. But I watched children that were my children's age before and after school. 9. I raised four boys and two daughters. Let me tell you girls are harder to raise. 10. I retired at 61 years and still do mystery shops, taste test, research groups and sell on ebay.
It's nice to learn more about you.
I like reading posts like this.
@carebear29 (28175)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Very nice post
Thanks.
very interesting! thanks for sharing! I'd like to find a night position to work, but not a full 8 hour shift.... something for 4 hours a night would be good.
I am sorry you lost your husband for cancer, you were lucky to find another wonderful husband.
@DeborahDiane (19215)
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you for sharing your life with us. I am glad to hear that you are retired. It sounds like you deserve to be!
@Daljinder (20928)
Wow!! Commendable job you have done with your life however tough it had been...
@Lucky15 (33450)
i thought boys will be harder :) nice to know you more ma'am :)
@epiffanie (9175)
Wow you have achieved so much .. adopting children is so noble .. congrats on raising them plus your biological children .. And you deserve to have that great man in your life
It sounds as if you've had an interesting life. That's wonderful that you gave four extra children a home - very well done. Sorry about your first husband.
@salonga (28006)
Thank you for sharing those interesting facts about your life. I have no daughter but I also think it is hard to raise girls.
@vandana7 (61285)
Wow...girls are harder? They are lovely...I love girls. :) But you are great that you chose to adopt 4 children. In India adoption is oh so rare. There is fear of family being nasty to incoming child. Nasty in real bad sense.
@Vjvals (935)
• Roseville, California
Quite interesting thanks for sharing
Wow you have lived quite a life my friend, no TV until you were 16 and, glad you are happy now.
@Drosophila (16742)
good to know more about you!
What an interesting life you've had. Thanks for sharing. Now I know much more about you that I didn't know before.
Thanks for telling us more about you! I taught for many years as at a middle school and I have to say that the guys were so easy to be around and the girls were a challenge.
@destimona (1931)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Happy to get more about you. Its really nice.
@sishy7 (27671)
I've known you online for a while now and although I knew most of these already, it's always interesting to get to know another member... Besides, there are always something new I'd learn anyway - like #2, 4, and 8 up there.