Stick a fork in me, I'm done

@irishidid (8563)
Some things just aren't meant to be and for me that would be having a career in being an author. Talent aside, the fates aren't in my corner. I think I was smarter when I wrote for kicks and giggles back before someone asked "Are you planning on publishing your book?" when I wrote Kickshaw Candies. Until that point I never thought about it. I like writing stories, simple as that. Maybe it's my fault, maybe it is the fault of something else. Whatever is to blame-I'm done.
I am sorry this is not panning out for you? Is that what is happening my friend? There are always other avenues. Do not be discouraged if you can.
@irishidid (8563)
I just needed to vent. Writing is what I do so I won't stop.
@irishidid Good to vent also my friend.
Aww maybe you just need to take a break from it for awhile. My daughter wants to be an author when she grows up. She asks me all the time how to go about it. I tell her she can take classes in college and learn. I really have no other advice for her :(
@irishidid (8563)
Tell her to read especially in the genre she's interested in writing. Write to hone her skills and develop her writing style/voice. Try not to be a copy but an original-in other words she can learn how from different writers, however she wants her own voice to shine through. While college course can help her learn the ins and outs of writing, they can't teach talent. It's either there or it isn't.
@irishidid She reads constantly. She writes stories all the time and they are really good especially for her age I think. Her friends and teachers love reading them.
@irishidid (8563)
@shaggin That's great but (and here's the thing she needs to understand if she's serious) having your friends, teacher, mom read your stuff is good for one's ego and not much else. She needs to have people who don't know who she is read her work. Preferably ones with writing experience. She needs to develop a thick skin and better to do that now than later because writers get some pretty harsh criticisms.
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I hope that you don't stop writing. Even if your writing doesn't let you quit the day job, mine hasn't, you can still find joy in the act of writing itself and share that with others who will enjoy your stories.
@irishidid (8563)
Me not write? That would be like not breathing. LOL
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@irishidid Good to know. You had me worried there for a moment.
Awe, don't give up. You never know what can happen.
@irishidid (8563)
I'm not giving up. Just needed to rage a bit. LOL
back'n the day, it took't times a few years to get a book published. now one can do such near instant online. i aint certain where yer troubles lie? i thought ya were all set, jest needed some tweakin''f yer cover?
@irishidid (8563)
I'm still waiting to get the edited manuscript back. I can't move on until I do.
Never give up on your dreams of writing!