Just something to get off my chest.

@xFiacre (10486)
Ireland
My worthy observation for today is that I don't approve of police officers coming on duty ill-shaven. Designer stubble may still be considered cool, but not on those charged with upholding the law, and I really wish they were properly washed and shaved when in uniform. I also wish they could be a bit quieter during their many visits to coffee shops. I find the sharp rustle of uniforms, the crackle of radios, the stomp of boots and the rattle of handcuffs, chains and keys most disturbing.
They should look nice when they are working.
• Denmark
I have to look closely the next time I see a German policeman. I don't know if they're clean-shaven or not. I'd also appreciate that they were. I've never come across one in a German coffee-shop. In fact, I rarely see any policemen in public.
@xFiacre (10486)
@maluse They purposely frequent coffee shops here to be seen and appear friendly.
• Denmark
@xFiacre Obviously this intention backfires, at least with you.
Hope the officers in take your advice. I am amazed that my son with the MBA in finance and marketing wears not one suit to work and goes to work with stubble. Upsets this mother big time, but apparently "everyone in the office looks that way," says he.
@xFiacre (10486)
@corbin5 my son is a teacher and wears a suit and tie and a neatly trimmed beard. Anything else wouldn't be tolerated.
@Teep11 (6520)
If there's a lot of them gathering together then there will be noise. I can understand what you mean about the clean shaven part. They should be cleaned shaved. It looks more professional.
@pgntwo (21719)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Most intimidating - which can, betimes, be part of the impression they are trying to give...
@xFiacre (10486)
@pgntwo it's all in the nonchalant swagger and the sullen stares they give.
In the olden days they weren't supposed to have stubble. Or tattoos which were visible to the public. Now both seem to be a prerequisite for the job, even for the lady policemen. :)
@suzzy3 (8400)
You don't like the police much do you. I expect if they have worked nights their stubble is normal.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I agree a police officer in uniform should meet certain standards and being unkempt and unshaven should not be tolerated.
@gofsey (1302)
• Madurai, India
It is a fashion thing. You don't want to be caught wearing out of fashion clothes, do you?