Time Away and A New Look

@poehere (17800)
French Polynesia
I’ve been rather busy for the past few months. However, I’ve never forgotten about MyLot and the friends I’ve met here. Last week I had a free second to visit MyLot. I was pleasantly surprised to see the new look the site has now. Currently my days are filled with work; fixing computers and recovering hard drive. In the afternoons I am cooking cakes, crepes, and making sandwiches for a small snack shop at my girlfriend family’s Bingo game. I now run and operate the shop to sell the clients different food and drinks during the evening hours. The Bingo game is opened 4 nights a week and this takes up a lot of time. Furthermore, we normally close the snack shop around 2 in the morning and arrive home around 3. This doesn’t leave a lot of time to sleep, work and visit MyLot. However, this doesn’t mean that I don’t think about all of you and wonder what is happening. I’ve read a few new articles today and it feels good to see all of you again. Hopefully, I’ll be able to spend a little more time in the next few weeks here on the site. Everything is wonderful in Paradise. It is summer here on the islands and the past few weeks it has been very hot and humid. Just the way I like it here. Sure beats the 5 weeks of constant rain we just had. Was so glad to see the storm fronts move away and the sun to shine again. Image source: pixabay.com
@DWDavis (10915)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It is good to see you posting. You certainly keep busy there in your island paradise.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes it has been a little busy around here for me. Nice change and it is always good to keep busy. I don't like it when I have a lot of free time on my hands. However, this last week I wished I had a bit of free time. I had to run the snack shop for 6 days straight and didn't get a lot of sleep. Around 3 hours a night was about it for me. Glad I have a day off today to catch up, hopefully sleep a bit, and visit the site here.
@DWDavis (10915)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@poehere My goodness, I do hope you get some sleep today. You cannot keep up such a pace forever.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
@DWDavis I normally don't require that much sleep anyhow. But lately I think I should try and get just a bit more than I have been. But too much work, then have to find time to swim, enjoy life, and have fun. So this requires a lot of other time that I need to find.
Thank you for sharing this.I have not met you.But heard others.we are still waiting for warm weather
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Nice to meet you too. Yes it has been a few months that I haven't visited the site. I like to write on here, but if you don't have the time to interact it is not worth the time to write. Yes the weather here is beautiful and it is always nice on the islands.
@poehere Glad to see you back then
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
@amadeo Why thank you so much. That is so nice of you to welcome me back.
Welcome back and you sure have been very busy!
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes, busy is good and it is also fun. I'm enjoying the change and getting away from the computer so much of the time. I need a break now and then. Furthermore, I love to cook so it makes it even more fun to take over the snack shop and cook food for the people there.
@Lucky15 (33759)
Nice seeing you back again..work can make us stay away from here.for some.time
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. We get busy and tied up and times just seems to fly on by. It is strange how you think it was only yesterday you were here. Then you look and it has been 3 weeks ago.
@Drosophila (16804)
welcome back! Did you have a good easter?
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes. I did, but I also had to work that night. No big deal we don't do much here on the islands for Easter because it is a 4 day weekend.
@Drosophila (16804)
@poehere 4 day weekend is great! Do you eat fish or lamb for Easter
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
@Drosophila I don't eat lamb, pork, or beef. I basically only eat fish, shrimp, and chicken now and then. But I didn't cook for Easter this year because I was working and didn't have time to do this one.
Glad you have found something to do. Sounds like fun. Enjoy your warm weather.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Thanks so much. Yes, it is a change and something different for a bit. Not sure how long I'll do this one, but for now it is fun and interesting.
@poehere ...Surprised to see you back. What's up?
@CRK109 (14293)
We used to have a wonderful Bingo place not far from here. And when I lived in CT, I found a synagogue that did Bingo once a week, so when my mother and nephew would visit, I would bring them there. My nephew loved the snack bar the most, and generally ate them out of donuts. lol
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Now that one is funny. It is fun to run the snack bar there and it is also interesting to meet all kinds of different people who go there. There are ones you know will arrive each time and then there are others who come for the first time.
@CRK109 (14293)
@poehere My nephew (yes the same one) lives in a group home and his building hosts Bingo once a week, so he invites me occasionally. The people there all call me "Auntie Claudia" and we're all quite familiar with one another. Everyone who attends Bingo there brings something for snack time and boy, oh boy do they bake some great goodies! I just moved into a rather large apartment building myself and, sad to say, they decided not to have Bingo here. I'm so disappointed! So, I will just have to get more rides to my nephew's games! :)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hope to hear more from you soon.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Thanks will try. However, it won't be today or even tomorrow. Maybe next week I can write some more.
@MsTickle (25007)
I don't know how you managed to come in and post this. Your life sounds exhausting. Your photo is so very unusual, brilliant, actually. Wow!
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Makes for a nice change. Yes life can be busy a lot of times, but if you know how to manage your time it is possible.
@Elizaby (3445)
• Pensacola, Florida
Hope you have more time soon to be on here
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. I too miss here and it is good to be busy, but also have time to do other things.
You sound pretty busy with all of your work!
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes the beginning was busy, but now getting down a routine where it gives me more time to do other things. I guess it was just figuring out what to do and how to make it the simplest way.
@Morleyhunt (17375)
Aal of us seem to cycle though how much time we can spend here. It's always nice to see a familiar face pop in to say hello.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. Yes, this this is a time factor. You need the time to spend on here to post and answer comments and to read and leave responses.
@Daljinder (19972)
Welcome back! said goodbye to rains? We are having sunny days now. A little rain would be welcomed...
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes, our summer is starting to wind down, but this doesn't mean that winter is coming soon. Here we really don't have what you call a winter. It is more the wet and dry seasons here on the islands. So now in summer it is our wet season and in winter it is our dry season.
• Eugene, Oregon
Nice to see you again @poehere ! Sounds like the new job is going well.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes, it seems to be doing well and growing slowly. I have made some major changes and looking forward to doing a few more.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Hadn't seen anything new from you for a while and was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Glad to hear you are fine and just been busy.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
No Richard still live and well. Having a good time and just enjoying life in general. I'm great and life is wonderful. I'll try and visit here a bit more often. Getting things arranged and hopefully will have a bit more time to stop by here in the weeks to come.
@Micmac (6985)
Glad to see you back here my friend. Oh my you've been quite a busy bee. I hope you'll have time to visit here more. Yes, the myLot new look is very nice. Good you are enjoying your Paradise weather there.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much Miki. I did miss the site and thought about the people here often. It is nice to visit here again and see everyone.
@pgntwo (20728)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Little changes in Paradise, then? :) It does sound like hard work, I must admit.
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes little changes, but enjoyable ones too. I am having a good time and I do love to cook and run the snack shop it is a lot of fun.
@acelawrites (10749)
Yes, so many things changed here. It is good you are enjoying your time in Paradise (?).
@poehere (17800)
• French Polynesia
Yes I did notice this. I saw a new look when I stopped by the other day. I had a free moment today and decided to say hi and drop by to see how everyone has been.
It is sooo good to see you again. Thanks for dropping by. You sound extremely busy, but please stop by when you can.
@LeaPea2417 (16055)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is great to hear from you again. I had wondered what you were up to. I can fully understand helping with the business comes first.