I got to buckle down.

Banks, Oregon
I got to buckle down and, commit to saving. I really want to starting now save up all the money I make from mylot at least until Christmas before I spend any, then not spend all, but because really thinking I need to start saving for when I'm older. I want to be able to always live how I live now, looking for any information, anyone has about how savings accounts work. I noticed one through, my paypal mastercard, but not sure how it works will I actually make money by putting it in there or will they still steal it from me for fees like when it's in available balance?
@tammys85 (9640)
That sounds like a great idea. The best thing you can do is go down to your local bank and ask them about opening a savings account. I'm with MECU, no fees or anything, but I'm not sure if that's a local bank or what.
The one through paypal says no fees, but I just have trouble trusting lol.
@tammys85 (9640)
@TRBRocks420 The only way I save via PayPal is keeping a certain amount in the account and keeping track of what I send to my actual bank account, so I don't know anything about the Masterscard. Sowwyyyy. I hope you do get an answer on how reliable it is -or isn't- soon.
@carebear29 (28369)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Sounds like a plan.
Yes, thank you.
I have wells fargo and have a way 2 save account. Every time I use my debit card, one dollar extra is deducted and put into my savings account. I also have SmartyPig which is a savings account for long term or short term goals. Honestly though? If you can, just don't go to your paypal account ever, and don't use the debit card attached to it. I don't know if you have that option or not though.
I have a paypal mastercard and, they have a savings account. I was just hoping someone else had used it before and, knows if I could earn money, by having it sit in there, it says you can, but I also know when it's in my available balance, it seems like it disappears in no time. I had 10 bucks in there and, it's down below 2 dollars now from fees.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yeah, I am never putting money in the available balance again, unless I am getting it out that day.
@TRBRocks420 You live and learn. I hate cards like that. I was paid that way at one job and it was such a waste!
@sallypup (26260)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Savings rates are horrid these days. .25 percent!!! We found a credit union that gives us 1.25 per cent on an internet checking account. Soon as we get this mortgage squared away we are going to stick more money into that account.
Yeah, that's what I need is a account where I can earn money by just leaving it sit.
@sallypup (26260)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 I have found that credit unions are the best when it comes to rates. Right now rates are way down. We're putting our money into real estate for that reason.
@VivaLaDani13 (17736)
• Perth, Australia
I don't understand how the Paypal mastercard thing works. Infact I never heard of it until literally now. This is just me but I don't trust anything or anyone when it comes to where my money is lol I keep my money in a safe and then hide it. When I reach a certain point then I will put it in the bank but for now I keep it with me. I don't know what to say about the Paypal thing. Might be worth contacting them about it and see if they can give you an idea about it.
lol yeah, I am the same way. I ended up not bothering with it, lately I have needed to spend every penny I make.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I would get an interest bearing savings account for sure....
That's what I am hoping this is, but will do more research before I sign up.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Nice plan and make it happen.It is important to save, but unfortunately my saving 145, 000 Philippine money was stolen by my friend.
I will and, sorry to hear your savings were stolen. I hope it doesn't happen again.
Sounds like a good deal! You could also look for coupons or deals for when you go grocery shopping too. Here and there savings add up.
Yeah, I need to find out more about it, but either way going to save up until Christmas, if at all possible.
I agree with what @tammy85 told you . You should really start saving now . It is an advantage that we have some savings just in case there will be some need for it in the future .
Yes, I agree too. I know I will need it.
I'm not 100% sure how PayPal works in that respect, but I once owed my friend $750. I paid him back in increments. He kept it in his PayPal account, and never mentioned any fees. At the same time, I don't think they pay interest like banks and credit unions do.
I know paypal doesn't, but I have a paypal mastercard and, that's a bank, they say there is a savings account with no fees. I have just never tried it and, don't know how it works for sure.
I agree. In this point of our lives, we need to save up some money. I haven't tried saving up master card. But I prefer leave it in my PayPal account and withdraw them in time.
Yeah, I was just hoping I could find a way to earn interest on it, then while it was sitting it would grow.