'Ear This!

@Raelove (17576)
Saco, Maine
A few weeks ago, I had my doctor check my right ear, as I suspected I had fluid in it. Whenever I coughed or blew my nose, I could hear a loud bubbling sound. She said there was fluid there, and suggested I take an over-the-counter allergy pill which would help the ear drain. I did that and have been taking the pills since then, but it hasn't gotten any better. In fact, it's much worse today, and that ear feels numb, pops all the time, and I can't hear as well with it. I called the doctor's office and will go in later this morning to see the nurse practitioner. I get some relief by leaning far over on that side while holding on to the counter or a chair. But then the minute I stand up straight again, I hear and feel the fluid draining back down against the ear drum. I obviously can't walk around bent over all day, so I'm anxious to clear this up. It will be nice to get rid of that stuffed-up feeling and to able to hear more clearly again, too. My appointment can't come soon enough! (Public Domain Image)
@Teep11 (7137)
I hope that's rectified soon. I'm sure that is quite bothersome. Hopefully it will be gone soon so that you can feel better.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you!
That sounds frustrating. I hope you can get some relief.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
So do I. Thanks.
@gudheart (12741)
I wonder if I have the same issue as my left ear always feel blocked and pops a lot.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
Could be. You might want to have it checked, as it can develop into an infection.
@gudheart (12741)
@Raelove I think I did a year ago but they said nothing major and might just be fluid imbalance.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
@gudheart It's still annoying!
I feel for you, there is nothing worse, in my books, then trouble with your ear, fluid being the worse of it. I hope that your time passes quickly until your appointment and that they can get you something prescribed that will clear it up quickly.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
It's not the worse thing I've experienced, but it's annoying, as I hate the popping and bubbling all the time, the loss of hearing and the numbness. There's no pain--yet--so I want to deal with it before there is.
I had a lot of trouble with my ears as a child. Nowadays, I have tinnitus and they itch incredibly. When I'm on my own, I always seem to be digging in them which can't be a good thing.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
No, it's not. And using Q-tips or anything else in them is very bad. I have tinnitus, too, at times. And once in awhile, the itching. But now it's just plugged and I can't hear well out of it. Getting better, though.
@Raelove I'm glad it's getting better. And, in my own defence, I never use anything bar a finger!
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
this is one thing that you should pay a lot of attention.When ever you suspect any kind of trouble with the ear.It is best to check it out. you do not want to lose any hearing there.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
If it's not better in a week, I'm going to an ear-nose-throat person, as this nurse-practitioner doesn't want it to get worse, as in "infected," which it isn't yet.
Ears are magnificent. I hope you get this problem taken care of soon.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks.
I don't understand why your doc did not remove the fluid on the spot.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
I don't either. But around here, most doctors will send you to someone else, like an ear-nose-throat doctor, or some other kind of specialist. We no longer have doctors who do it all here. The health care system in the U.S. is sadly lacking.
This sounds more like an Otitis, I think that a low dose of antibiotics would be a lot better than allergy pills.
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
I think so, too. I will ask about it.
I'm surprised you don't have a bit of vertigo with your ear clogged like that. Hope you can get some help at the doctor today
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
I have had loss of balance, so I will mention that, too. Can't wait to get there.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
That must be very uncomfortable, hope you get better soon
@Raelove (17576)
• Saco, Maine
It is very! Thanks!