such is life..

My daughter calls me when ever anything goes bad. I try but,I can't do it all to be honest. Her boyfriend got a job but need boots. I can't find anyone that has them for me tomorrow. I feel so bad as if they were for me. I jut don't know why either. I even called the bank to see if I could get a $50 loan from my savings club. I could not do it. I called one other friend that I know trusts me. If he can he will buy them for me. And I will pay him back on payday. I am mentally drained over this and It's sad.
It is not your job to buy him boots. Do not give him money you need.
i am so confused.
@ricki_911 (16656)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have savings accounts for this. I needed steel toe shoes for work, due to new policies. If I didn't have this savings account then I would of been SOL. If I didn't have those shoes I would of lost hours or worse (mind you my work is decent). Your daughter sounds like both my brothers very immature, and since everyone hands them everything it doesn't matter why try. It will not change if you keep bailing them out. I know if I called my parents right now and said I need work boots. They would laugh, and say your problem find a way if you want the job.
Is this the same boyfriend that has mistreated your daughter and driven a wedge between her and you? I would let him figure out a way to get them himself, doesn't he have a family?
He has no one to help him but me.
• Peoria, Arizona
You are such a good mother. You try so hard and give give give. Your daughter is grateful for you and I'm sure she will express it with the gratitude you deserve! My mother is a lot like that, she would walk miles to get me a posterboard for class because I had an assignment due the next day and she gives so much. Tough and loving Mamas are the best!
That is how it should be for sure. My mom would do that as well.