She does wrong to compare herself.

@millie02 (6220)
United Kingdom
I know a lady who is always comparing herself to other people , and in these comparisons she always comes off worse. She say that other people are much better off than her in numerous different ways. She is also very jealous of the people she knows. I told her once that she should just be grateful for what she has.
It's so wrong to compare ourselves to other people . When one do that , and she found out she's lesser in life than them , envy will surface and that is not good . Yes, we should be grateful for whatever we have but strive hard to be better .
@millie02 (6220)
Envy can be a bad thing, it destroys relationships.
@millie02 That's true . Envy can consume a person .
• Manchester, England
@millie02 omg yes enry does destory relationships very true i know someone who had lost their family because of this
@abhaijith (2837)
Yeah, Comparing ourselves with others may create inferiority complex. That advice is very correct, we have to be grateful for what we have.
@millie02 (6220)
This lady does seem to be getting an inferiority complex.
@annierose (17418)
I agree with you my friend. I suffered from inferiority complex before because I often compared myself to others. Now, I avoid that bad attitude. It is not that easy and sometimes I still compare myself with other people and again suffer from inferiority complex. I hope one day, I will totally banish all bad things in me and be completely happy.
@millie02 (6220)
@annierose You are doing well to try to change. But I suppose we live in a competitive world where people do try to outdo each other.
@kaka135 (13606)
I can imagine that she is always unhappy. I think it's quite sad for her to always compare with others, one will never be satisfied if she keeps on doing that. Hope she'll find out how grateful she is one day, though this might be what and how she chose to be.
@millie02 (6220)
This lady is often unhappy and sometimes she gets depressed.
@kaka135 (13606)
@millie02 Since I was young, I don't like to compare with others, and don't like to be compared as well. But it seems like this society always like comparison or competition.
@millie02 (6220)
@kaka135 I don't like being compared to other people especially if they have the advantage over me. because they are good at something and I am not.
@ladylaura89 (1410)
• Manchester, England
very true and also their is always someone worse then you in this world
@millie02 (6220)
This lady is quite lucky really because she has her family and her health. Not everybody is a lucky as her.
• Manchester, England
@millie02 yes i agree with you 100% health is the key to life more then money or love
What's the point in comparing ourselves to others? WE are all UNIQUE.
@millie02 (6220)
That is very true.
@Ronrybs (6970)
• London, England
Easier said then done, I guess we all compare ourselves to others who seem more successful. Luckily I'm too lazy!
@millie02 (6220)
It takes all sorts I suppose, but this lady gets in a real state about things sometimes.
@cherriefic (4304)
• Baguio, Philippines
Comparing ourselves to other people is a bad idea. It will make us feel envy of them or feel bad about ourselves.
@millie02 (6220)
It is not good to feel bad about ourselves because if we do , we cannot improve.
@abhaijith (2837)
@millie02 (6220)
Most people have something to be grateful for.
@Marcyaz (36014)
She only knows what she sees not what is going on inside the house so why be jealous of only what you can see on the outside.
@AnneEJ (5102)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
She must be a very unhappy person. I have learned to thank the Lord for what I have and be content.
@acelawrites (10748)
She will just feel miserable that way! She should be glad for what she is.
That lady would be much happier if she concentrated on the good things in life.
When you compare yourself to others you will never see the good things in your life to be grateful for.
@Vjvals (941)
• Roseville, California
I have a relative that has material wealth, plus she has a very supportive community and has been able to attain that through being raised in a supportive and privileged environment. She has the abstracts going on. But she and I rarely talk because she compares everything. Yes I agree with this, my relative comes off worse and she is very selfish.
@annierose (17418)
The line "the grass is always greener on the other side" is very much appropriate to this post. I was once like her too and I became very unhappy because I feel like I am nothing. I pitied myself and was always grumpy because I always complained. And then, my friends kept on telling me to get away from that bad behavior because I would not really be happy. It took time for me to realize that they were correct. Maybe because I was selfish that time. I hope you will not give up reminding your friend about being thankful everyday. It is important that she sees what she already have. Maybe you can teach her gratitude indirectly. A person who is always thankful is happy and if she sees you happy then she will imitate you because being happy is good.