Out Like a Lion

Winston Salem, North Carolina
It is calm and pleasant outside on this last morning in March, but the weather forecast is calling for storms this afternoon and tomorrow. The rain will be appreciated...as long as it doesn’t wash all my grass seed down the hill. It’s been a busy month. A month of many hours spent working outside. A month in which myLot has been rather neglected. Despite the forecast of of storms for later in the day, the last day of March has gotten off to a good start. I seem to have successfully deterred whatever predator has been snacking on my current flock of ducklings (I was short 3 yesterday morning) and the scraps of clouds have made for a beautiful sunrise. I hope your March is ending on a positive note!
@Morleyhunt (14938)
We were awaken to rain. By noon we had heavy rain (maybe we need to put it on a diet). Now we have added some serious wind to the mix again.
So far all we've had has been strong winds this morning-nary a drop of rain. It's because I put down grass seed. I'm sure it is.
Is there no full protection for your babies. Feel sad that you are losing them.
Full protection means keeping them in the house...not exactly practical, or healthy for the ducks.
@Platespinner Don't you have a large enough chicken coop for them with all facilities like a tub to swim, etc?
@UncleJoe (7182)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Platespinner Not healthy for you either. Duck and goose droppings are toxic enough to make you ill.
Keep your lovely ducks safe, poor birds. This last day of March is pretty cold and dark, not a great end for this month.
It started out pretty, but has been grey and gloomy most of the day.
@Platespinner Today is another grey and rainy day, April is not starting good.
@LadyDuck I awoke to heavy rain this morning. Not a beautiful day, but we were in need of some rain so I won't complain.
Today will be nearly 70 if we are lucky. It will be windy too. This weekend it is supposed to be in the 30's. Wow. This will pass and soon we will be experiencing warmer weather.
That's quite a temperature shift. We're in the mid 70s for the next two days and then the lower 60s...cool, but not uncomfortably so.
@Platespinner I am not looking forward to the weekend's weather. The weatherman mentioned something about snow. Ugh.
@ElusiveButterfly That s word should be unmentionable once April has begun!
I'm sorry to hear you lost three ducklings. It is hard to keep the little things safe sometimes.
Especially when the predator population is as devious as we have here.
@Platespinner It's sometimes a constant battle of wits. Who says animals aren't smart?
@JudyEv They are definitely clever...and very, VERY persistent.
@rina110383 (21987)
I've been working really hard since the start of the year. It paid off. The 1st quarter and the month ended on a positive note.
It's always gratifying when hard work pays off! I've been rewarded with aching muscles for my work this week, but it's comforting to know that enough firewood to get us through next winter has been stacked...and there is enough more for my son to split and myself to stack that we've got at least another week of work ahead of us!
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Rain here on the last day of March, but quite warm. Supposed to get colder as the week progresses.
It's been warm here today as well. Not much sunshine, but the rain hasn't materialised yet. It was actually warm enough for my daughter and a friend to break out the kayaks and go paddling on a nearby lake.
@UncleJoe (7182)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Today and tomorrow are supposed to be beautiful here but heavy storms are predicted for Saturday. Our first official "April shower". If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims!
Groan...
March is ending in rain, very gloomy right now.
Even in the two hours since I posted the blue has disappeared and the sky is overcast.
@Lucky15 (33469)
March is ending on.my area...i have a chill day. :)
Don't get chilled!
i jest dunno which rain dance ya folks're doin'?? seems i aint got the steps down correctly's those storms jest pass's by - jest get the winds. i'm crossin' my fingers that yer ducklin' hunter stays't bay, 'tis always most sad to lose a critter, particularly ones who're so young. the last'f march started off purty calm, but true to the area the winds howled 'fter dark. i'm so hopin' fer a much calmer april, but the weather folks say that jest aint'n the cards. yes ma'am, that's a beaut'f a sunrise :D
We had some wind yesterday morning, but rain didn't move in until the over night hours. This morning it's just plain wet out!
@Platespinner we got high winds durin' the night 'n the sun refuses to come out from 'hind the clouds. a 26 degree drop from yesterday. one can feel the moisture'n the air, but i'll be danged if'n i know how to get it down to the thirsty ground.
@crazyhorseladycx A rain dance maybe?
It is storming here now.
@Elizaby (3256)
• Pensacola, Florida
Rain is coming some storms could be severe but most not schedule to hit til after midnight