dog training

Gladewater, Texas
my fiancé can get our dog to mind him better than I can. I let the dog out to play while I was out there he went out the gate down the ally, I had treat with me, I called and called him to come back the dog ignored me. I had to call my fiancé at work to come help me so I would be out there for hours trying to get the dog home. Is it male dominance thing?
My dog listens WAY better to my husband than me as well. She thinks I am a big joke and he is the boss. It gets annoying I know! Lol
• Gladewater, Texas
It gets annoying. We got the dog for me because sometimes my fiancé works nights so I can feels comfortable being home alone at night.
@pagetolv03 Yeah I am the one home who takes care of her all day and loves on her-but she listens way better to him. Not fair! The kids listen better to my husband too-Not Fair again! Lol
You have to yell pretty loud to get them to listen to you outside, that's why I keep mine on a leash, plus the dangers of wild animals, the highway and, other dogs.
• Gladewater, Texas
I do put my dog a leash sometimes. I am just trying to train him with out the leash in our back yard with treats A friend of mine told me that so he is not pulling on my all the time with the leash. We need to get the back gate fixed but right now our finances are a little tight. Our dog is not even a year old yet & his breed is a bully pit which mean he has a lot of energy. We have him crate trained real well.
@PapaBits (629)
Put your dog on leash. A car might hit your dog. You have to spend time and play with you dog too.
@cupkitties (6850)
Some dogs are just naturally more drawn to one gender or person for some reason. Not sure it has much to do with dominance. My parents both have a dog that acts the same, favoring our male friends and relatives, Meanwhile my step mom is the one who rules all in that relationship. It's also possible that the dog is just used to men and didn't have much socialization with females in their early life.
some dogs are like that.Ms.Ruby is a one person dog and she gives me the same like you