Peeling off Leaves

moringa
Can you believe this? Early morning I took the left over Moringa leaves from the back yard and starts peeling it's leaves. What I'm going to do with it? I don't know. Most of the people who responded to me about the juice I made that I should just make a soup out of it, with some beef on it. There was also another method here and that is turning it into a powder. I've search a few clips over the internet, my only mistake was I forgot to just dry it first. I could have tried to make another shake on this, but I already did this last night. I'm thinking of eating it raw once I boiled it, that's my plan I think. Any advice on what to do with these left overs? I don't wanna throw them away, I've already thrown half of them.
I am not familiar with this plant my friend, but if it is anything like what I know to be kale plant they call it here..you can do all those things you have mentioned..what about a salad or is it too tough to eat like that?
Hello @TiarasOceanView It's the green leaves that has lots and lots of vitamins and toppled the veggies that I was eating the whole day. well, I peeled some of them off but kept some of them since the bowl is already full. not sure about salad, takes a lot of work for me. It's also called drum stick tree
@Lucky15 (33427)
it has a pungent taste if they are raw ma'am :s
@Letranknight2015 Very cool Letran thanks for saying about it..I love to learn all this.
@josie_ (6573)
I use it for tinola, monggo sinigang sa kamatis or misua. It's a versatile plant. I've seen it in commercial noodles and Pan de sal. Haven't tried using it as an ingredient in shakes though.
Hello @josie_ I've already ate that malungay version of pandesal and the noodle version too. but now I like to taste the real thing now. I just drunk some of it by the use of shake.
@Lucky15 (33427)
we even had it on noodles and pan de sal :D yep, the leaves will surely fall off
how did you cook it in noodles? maybe I will just buy another soup and add this moringa leaves since it's better than the rest of the veggies i've added in the soup. @Lucky15
@Lucky15 (33427)
@Letranknight2015 no no..in powder form, they mixed it not like the whole thing, even in pan de sal
@Lucky15 in powder form, huh unfortunately i don't have the thing that makes them a powder, just a blender.
@rakski (8782)
Yummy! That is right, moringa is so handy you can just add in noodle soup, chicken soup.
I'm thinking of doing that for my dinner I think @rakski the moringa soup probably didn't have much of the leaves anyway.
I don't know anything about it, but enjoy.
oh, thanks i did enjoy it @TRBRocks420
I think you can use it as a sort of fertilizer thing. You can shred them and put in plants. Is this a "malunggay" leaves?
oh yeah I forgot you can also use it as a fertilizer, I will research this further, it could be the answer i need to fertilize my snake and welcome plants yes, it's the malunggay leaves.
@louievill (18135)
It's no longer nice to eat since it already peeled, i still say turn it to powder, you can make an improvised dryer with screen cover that you can put on the roof or your garden since you do not want to throw any, this could be used over and over for the future fall outs
Hello @louievill I've actually just decided to turn it into another shake this morning after eating my breakfast.
what kind of taste that this have.
kinda bitter if i didn't add some juice on the mixing @amadeo
@Teep11 (6946)
It seems as if the leaves would be great for soup. I haven't had any berf stew in awhile. You reminded of it when you mentioned beef. Whatever you choose the leaves fir I'm sure it will be delicious.
I'm just not confident on adding some beef or making a soup right now that involves moringa some how. well, it's gonna be a bit bitter but it's nutritious anyway. maybe it's gonna be another juice after meal, like last night