Do You Know a Country Named Kyrgzstan?

Photo is my own
I was reading the book of Asian Studies when I read about Kyrgyzstan, one of the countries in North Central Asia. I was really amazed to know that there is a country named and spelled like that with only one vowel and the rest are all consonant letters. I never heard such place before. Have you?
@Dextoi (1967)
I remember that country from my high school subject about Asian History. That any many other places that has -stans as their suffix. Kyrgyzstan having one vowel is unique though. By the way, is that you in the photo? I've been there... Dahilayan, right? Great place...
No, that's my eldest daughter in the photo. I've never been in Dahilayan yet. Great to know you've been there. Thanks @Dextoi
@Dextoi (1967)
@Macarrosel pretty... like her mom... Anyway, one place that took my attention because of its name... "Tetaumatawhakatangihangakoauaotamateaurehaeaturipukapihimaungahor"
@Teep11 (6267)
I'm not familiar with Kyrgyzstan at all. I would need to look this up. We learn something new everyday.
Yeah, we always learn many things especially if we explore and read a lot. Thanks @Teep11
@acelawrites (9927)
Yes, I've heard about it, usually during sports events.
That's good to know my friend. Thanks @acelawrites fro dropping by here.
@Lucky15 (33598)
yep! :)
That's good to know that. Thanks @Lucky15
It sounded like it because they were been colonized by USSR before. Would you believe that I also stayed in Tajikistan for a year. I had my mission in this country. It is in Central Asia. The country is adjacent to Kyrygztan.
Oh, it's nice to know that. Thanks @Shavkat for sharing it here.
• Calgary, Alberta
Do you remember the guys who sang " what does the fox say" these norwegian brothers have a funny video on Youtube where they tried to become popstars in Kyrgustan. It may sound funny but Popstars in Kyrgystan do their concerts in fast foods like a Pizza house.
• Davao, Philippines
familiar country name ... but , just but.. hehe
@AkoPinay (9869)
I saw it while filling up some online forms (select your country) :)
@KuznVinny (780)
I've heard of it but know nothing of it. I am not one to follow news. I do think the Y is a vowel in this instance, too.
Never heard of that country before.
@Platespinner (16773)
We've run across this country in our geography studies. In fact there is a song my kids learned when they were small listing all of the countries in former USSR.
Sing along and learn the names and locations of the (legitimate) countries of the Former USSR. Then take the test. Follow along on the map and follow along with…
@ridingbet (33426)
These are new states, I believe. A break away from the Russian country, like Kazakstan
Yes I have read about this country, but it's not unique to have countries with only one vowel, just to mention some: Cyprus, Egypt, St.Kitts, Chad.
@skysnap (17590)
Never heard of this place. I think there are many countries and places worth exploring. and worth checking out.