Jerry The King Lawler.

Banks, Oregon
I just got done watching the Jerry The King Lawler Dvd, what a legendary career the king has had, one that has lasted over 40 years now. King started as a artist, that's what he went to school for and, he excelled at it. King got noticed in wrestling by first drawing pictures of the wrestlers, he then sent them in to the announcer of Memphis wrestling at the time, the announcer then showed them on TV and, everybody loved them. He later went to a small back yard wrestling fed and, he lied about wrestling before and, ended up in the main event. King was well liked. So, after that he was offered a job at Memphis wrestling and, that's where he became the king of wrestling beating his idol Jackie Fargo. King has held over a 100 world championships in the Memphis area and, he has sold out the coliseum more times then the king of rock n roll Elvis Presley. One of Kings best qualities though is how loyal he has always been. WWE released his wife Stacy the Kat Carter and, he quit WWE for awhile because of it, he and, Stacy later ended up splitting though and, he came back. Kings first ever WWE title match was a tables, ladders and, chairs match against the Miz, which he would have won, except Michael Cole interfered. King then defeated Michael Cole in his first ever WrestleMania, most people probably know King for his commentary with Jim Ross on RAW for many years. King also recently survived a heart attack during a RAW, after a tag match where he and, Dolph Ziggler, defeated CM Punk and, the Miz.
@carebear29 (18443)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I can't wait for WrestleMania Sunday
Same it's going to be awesome.
@ChrisH09 (282)
• Trinidad And Tobago
I have never seen the DvD although I am a big WWE fan, however since I have been watch wrestlings, which is close to 18 years now, Kings has always been a commentator and a occasional wrestler as well. I would think he had a great career as he has been called a ledgen for over a decade, sounds like you learned a lot from that dvd.
I have followed the King for over 34 years and, I already knew a lot of these things, but yes it was a great dvd too watch.
• Lakewood, Colorado
This guy is a complete legend huh TR?
Yes, he is a legend, one of the greatest of all time.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 I am glad to know of him here TR..I had never known about him..I had heard his name though.
@TiarasOceanView He's a cool guy very funny.
@MGjhaud (18711)
im no wrestling expert but i'll go check my dad about who this is.
Jerry Lawler is one of the old time greats, now days he's mostly a commentator though.
@MGjhaud Yes, he's 67 years old.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I remember him. Didn't know he'd had a heart attack, though.
Glad to hear you remember him and, yes I think it was a year or 2 ago now, during a live broadcast of RAW.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 - Huh. On live TV even. Glad he made it through though.
Sounds like a terrific guy.
He is one of the good ones.
Interesting story.
Thank you.