Ideas for making schools a better place for kids.

Banks, Oregon
Hey, everyone I have been thinking of ways to help make schools a better place for kids and, a more enjoyable place for them, a place they actually want to go too, first and, I think this might be the most important factor, less students in a class room. I think when I was in school, there was around 30 or 40 people in each class and, lets be honest, there is no way a teacher can really keep track of and, teach that many kids, you just can't get each individual student the attention they need. I think classes should be more like 10 students to a class. Another thing that would really help, get cable in the class room. Let kids watch History, Science, Discovery, Animal planet, Nat Geo, you can learn so much from those channels and, it's a lot more enjoyable then just listening to a teacher go on and, on, or reading from a text book, one last very important thing every teacher should be trained in dealing with bullies and, if they see a kid being bullied they should put a stop to it immediately, if a kid is scared of being picked on or beat up, he or she is not going to really be able to pay attention to learning anything.
Those are some good ideas.
Thank you
I agree - the class sizes were quite large and I didn't enjoy reading out of the text book. We should have more hands on assignments too! But due to budget cuts that's why the school sizes are ridiculous!
Yes, more hands on assignments would be good too.
@TRBRocks420 I didn't have much hands on work or assignments at school. Got pretty boring at school.
@infatuatedbby Same I was usually bored out of my mind and, just wanting to go home, also let kids have snacks in class.
@MGjhaud (20742)
back in my elementary days, there were like 15-20 of us which is doable for the teacher. and we had an hour to watch this science show on TV. it was always fun..
Lucky you that's how it should be.
@MGjhaud (20742)
@TRBRocks420 yeah, i hope theyre still doing it.
@MGjhaud (20742)
What brilliant ideas you have TR..now I say that is awesome even that you are thinking of it friend. Kids need to be interested and happy not bored out of their minds for sure.
Thank you my friend and, I really think they would make a huge difference. Kids would actually want to go and, not be falling asleep at their desks lol.
@TRBRocks420 Yeah that used to suck big time falling asleep haha
@VivaLaDani13 (18938)
• Perth, Australia
I agree with your ideas. I reckon more learning activities out of the class too though. Kids don't usually like to be stuck in the same stuffy room for hours on end. They can get agitated very easily and want to go outside. I think about this often too, but I reckon at the start of the very first class, I think the teacher should get everyone to interact with each other. Like literally each student meeting every other student in the class. Sometimes kids can spend their whole year or even years of school not communicating with other students. Which is fine really but I feel bullying may decrease when children get to know one another and may also find they have things in common.
Thank you and, yes I would think that might help in some cases, but some people just aren't good.
I can agree to this. We used to have TV shows for kids at schools, but at some moment, they took of that kind of learning even tough there are a lot of things that can be learn from watching and not just by reading.
Yeah, I think it would make learning a lot more fun. I know I learn better that way.
@Vjvals (935)
• Roseville, California
Yeah they should have a balance of things like the cable you mention and a teacher also to interact with the students and let them ask questions if they want. Let them work on plays like they are participating in community theater. They have art class somewhere else. Send the bullies to the principal.
Yes, I hope someday schools will be able to be a safer, more fun place. I think it would make a world of difference in the number of drop outs, also in grades.
@Lucky15 (33419)
That would be great. I even suggest thebyoung ones to get into the channels and not on those movies for now
Yes, I agree get them interested in something, where they will learn things.
All good idea's, especially smaller classes.
Thanks and, yeah I think that would make things much better.
@Macarrosel (7573)
Everything you have mention in your discussion are all great for a good place conducive for learning. But sad to say, my country cannot afford that to happen in a school here especially government schools. Maybe a private school can afford that but not all.
Thank you and, yes I am sure money is probably the issue here sadly, but there must be a way.