Update on my hurt finger

@ElicBxn (60175)
On Wednesday morning I hurt my finger and posted it here: Yesterday I could see that the finger was bruised from my second knuckle down to about a half inch into the hand. It was easy to see, but not too dark until you got into hand part. Today its bruised from the first knuckle just before the nail down to about inch below the third knuckle on the back of my hand. Its a bit swollen, for some strange reason and very tender to touch. I've had a cat or two rub against it, that has caused me to jerk my hand away from their tender, loving care. I'd take a picture, but my phone isn't emailing for whatever reason.
Instead of doing the shopping we have to do every 2 weeks, I went to Kerrville. I guess we could've done it on Friday, but we didn't. Everything was closed on...
@kevin1877uk (36298)
I hope it gets better soon.
@ElicBxn (60175)
I heal slowly, but it shouldn't be too long. I expect that next week the bruise will be fading already.
@kevin1877uk (36298)
@ElicBxn thats good then.
That is not good for you I wish you recovery soon.
@ElicBxn (60175)
Thanks, it always looks worse before it gets better. I just have to be careful with it for a bit longer.
@ElicBxn Yes I know all too well about that kind of stuff. Good for you.
hi did you take that hurt finger to the doctor for an x r a y bruises rarely swell but broken bones do so I bet y ou have a partial break so it s hould heal soon.
@ElicBxn (60175)
It doesn't hurt to bend, just to touch. When I broke my thumb teaching horseback riding, it was much more painful and had hardly any swelling or bruising. I did a number on it, but everytime I've broken something I've "whited out" where my vision has gone partly, or totally white, and that didn't happen.
@MGjhaud (20829)
thats a bit painful if its swelling. take it easy..
@ElicBxn (60175)
I will. I have had to adapt over the years because I've dislocated that wrist in high school and then broke that thumb in grad school. (I didn't finish grad school because I got sick.) I've had to be careful of that wrist since I dislocated it, I'll just be careful of the finger for a while.
@MGjhaud (20829)
@ElicBxn oh my.. yes please, be careful.
I hope the pain goes away soon
@ElicBxn (60175)
It doesn't hurt unless it gets bumped. Like Tony bumped it tonight, he was just giving me a head bunt, but it hit right on the finger.
What is cat bunting? It's a feline behavior that many owners are completely in the dark about, and this article explains yet another aspect of cat's funny habits.
@sugartoes (35561)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sounds like things are going to take a bit to get back to normal good thing it's not broke dropping stuff on your hands can really HURT OUCH
@ElicBxn (60175)
I actually caught it between something and the cart at Sam's. Probably would've been even worse if it had fallen on it, and not between it and a cart that rolled a bit.
@MsTickle (25007)
You seem to have really done a number on yourself. Take care you.
@ElicBxn (60175)
Thanks, it really is getting better, just looking worse and worse.