Passengers: Do you control your driver? What kind of passenger are you?

Yesterday - I talked about Yellow Lights and asked How do you react to Yellow Traffic Lights. Ironically speaking of yellow lights yesterday, when I went to go drive today ... I hit all yellow lights and I ran them all since I was safe to proceed. For that discussion - a handful mentioned that they do not drive so let's discuss you as a passenger. What kind of passenger are you? Are you .... A. One who sits quietly and let the driver drive the way they would like B. One who sits, chit/chats with the driver and doesn't mind how they drive C. One who sits, chit/chats and occasionally complain to the driver - Like: Hey! Stop! You're driving too fast. Don't go too close to that car, & etc. D. Don't pay attention instead looks at the phone, sleep, or rest instead E. Other (Explain) As for me - it definitely depends on who is driving, the car being driven and where I am sitting in the car. For example - if my boyfriend drives his car since it's a manual, it speeds up/stops much quicker and considered a sports car so I'm not afraid and hardly complain. However, if he drivers our car - I do occasionally complain and he hates it. As for my dad or mom - once in a while I'll be holding to the door as I'm afraid ha-ha. And most of the time I'll be talking to the driver. Related post: Photo belongs to me! It's a photo of my previous car.
Let's discuss about yellow traffic lights! How do you proceed to driving when you hit a yellow traffic light? A. Stop B. Floor it through the intersection C....
I'm somewhat of a nervous passenger, but I keep quiet.
I can't keep quiet lol Props to you!!
@gudheart (12758)
I only speak out if I need too, otherwise I just sit back and enjoy the ride.
I am going to try to relax next time lol. I always get scared but I prefer to be a passenger over a driver any day!
@gudheart (12758)
@infatuatedbby Me too. I need to gain my confidence when it comes to driving.
I just enjoy the ride and watch the beautiful scenery. In some occasions, I just entertain myself observing the passengers.
Very relaxing! I like to look outside the window too.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
I am passenger number 3! I occasionally complain if I feel anxious about the driver's behavior! Sometimes people are not careful and pass red lights too, I am furious when this happens and I am inside! There was one time when my brother was driving and he was challenged by another driver for a competition. I refused to stay in the car so I told him to leave me on the side because I wanted to take a taxi! He didn't take the challenge and reduced his speed, but I would seriously leave the car and continue with another transportation!
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@besweet, You're truly scared.It's not easy to handle scare if the driver is a fast driver. When I drive, I make sure that I won't make it too fast only with a speed of 60 mph.One time I rode in the car of my niece, and I frankly told her that I was afraid she drove too fast that time almost reaching 80 + speed long highway and many competed.She reduced only to 60+ my speed,scary.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
@cacay1 I get anxious and I don't think it's supposed to be stressful for either one in the car. I prefer relaxing and having some fun when I am a passenger and someone else is driving. I prefer to find another way to reach my destination if they are going to make me feel tense throughout the trip! Your niece must be a fast driver like my brother!
@besweetI am the same passenger as you! Occasionally you'll get someone driving beside us and would rev their car or want to start something! That makes me super upset. I always get so mad but he (bf) goes its for fun only and he slows down eventually. Usually the people who rev are like a bunch of kids.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
No reason to speak just wait and see,lol.
Lol - but I get scared that I can't control it haha.
I try to not interupt the driver so she/he has to take their eyes off of the road. I don't drive any more. A yellow light should tell a driver it is time to slow down. I also try not to be a back seat driver.
I have a hard time not saying how I feel. I don't do that so much on my parents but more to my boyfriend.
@infatuatedbby ....I think it is very healthy to speak your mind and let others that you are close to know how you feel.
I am B, but I will only ride with my mom or dad mostly these days lol.
You are a relaxed passenger! I always have something to say (aka complain) but I prefer to be a passenger over a driver though, hah.
@birjudanak (7161)
is depend on how is driver as he professional driver i will enjoy it as ride but some friend who not know driving well and he is doing that then i will try to explain him and drop down the speed because we know if he miss the judgement then we are in trouble....
My boyfriend has been driving for 14+ years - but even with his experience I'm still scared. He is scared of mines and I have been driving for over 10 years
@infatuatedbby yes but someone is driver by their profession then they have lots of experience so while we drive in city and drive in highway there is big difference and sometimes we also fear that someone is very naughty person and while they drive because we always think that they can be make mistake at anytime...
@birjudanak But it is hard to control other drivers surrounding too! It is the driver I trust but people surrounding how can we trust them also. Some may not be very experienced.
@Lucky15 (33439)
it depends, if i am commuting, no. if my brother's driving, sort of letter B Haha
You are a relaxed passenger. I can't sit without saying something because somehow the driver will ultimately scare me however I prefer to be a passenger driver.
@Lucky15 (33439)
@infatuatedbby it depends on howy bro drives most of the time though. Haja
@kaka135 (13992)
I didn't know there are quite a number of people who do not drive here. I don't drive, and it seems like I am very odd in where I stay, as most people around me know how to drive. I am a either A or B. Since I do not drive, I always trust the driver. I usually ask if I can chat with him or her, if he is willing to chat, then I will start chatting with him. If he prefers to be quiet, then I'll just keep quiet and not disturb him. I don't really mind which way he is going to use. I just think, if I let someone control the situation, I should just let him do it, and I'll just be relax. It's good to learn to let go.
Very nice you are relaxed! I cannot be relaxed. My grandma who does not drive - she always controlled my grandpa and show him directions (but yet she does not have a drivers license) hehe
I keep an eye on the road with the driver.
Do you ever mention anything like slow down their breaking ahead (encase the driver may not hear) or stuff like that? Or just keep out alert only.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I am B, unless the driver is frigging crazy.
I can't be relaxed like that
As long as I have control over the radio I am perfectly fine. Otherwise, I am that passenger you wish you would have left at home.
Lol! I need control of the area also now that I think of it! Or at least my Pandora channel.
Usually I will be the passenger who occasionally chat with the driver, especially when the driver talked at first. And since I am a person who is very bad at direction, so I will let the driver drives freely. I will not control him at all. But sometimes I am afraid that the driver will drive me around so that he can earn more. So I will pretend that I know the road so well but actually I am not
Hehe! I hope the drivers do not take advantage of you since you don't know the roads well. But that's a good strategy of yours to pretend to know the roads!
@millie02 (6908)
I am what is known as a` back seat driver' because I am always telling my husband what to do when he is driving. This annoys him because I do not drive at all and I have not even passed my test.
I just heard of the backseat driver term in another myLot response and yours. But I am exactly like that to my boyfriend especially.