Human behavior: Taking the bait

@CoralLevang (40680)
Human behavior is such an interesting thing. I have always enjoyed watching what people do and how they do it. Earlier this week I started a discussion about such things. And it it always makes me curious about how people think they can dictate how others will react or respond. I don't believe that I can make anyone do anything, but I do understand the power of influence and persuasion. Sometimes it is simply the suggestion of something that will make people respond in a certain way. When You observe people long enough, you can get an idea of how they will react in many situations. Not many exercise grace, under pressure. I am rarely surprised when people respond in certain ways. And today was no different. Thank you, universe, for giving me evidence that I wasn't wrong in one particular situation. Some people are so easily read.
@Dawwriter (256)
• Pakistan
Hi @CoralLevang Dropping by to say hello. I have missed talking to my PP friends and though I find MyLot rather confusing, I hope to see you guys here on and off. take care.
@CoralLevang (40680)
@dawwriter Hugs!!! I've missed you so much. And yes it is a little confusing here, but there are some things that remain the same . :-) I was thinking about you the other day, and started writing an email, but my computer crashed and took it with it. I have not yet had a chance to rewrite it. I hope you are well. I'm still awaiting my glasses so that I can write more often, and will be riding at a different site. I've been here just to interact with a few people that I've missed. Much love to you! And the best is wished for you and your family. I think of you often.
• Pakistan
@CoralLevang Thank you for such kind words. I have missed you too. Take care and do stay in touch even if it is just to say an occasional hello.
@CoralLevang (40680)
@Dawwriter likewise! And I just noticed there's no N in Dawwriter on your tag. I may have tagged you in past posts and it never got to you because of that.
I have the power to persuade people that I have zero persuasion power.
@CoralLevang (40680)
I'm not even sure what to say in response here because I didn't understand it! Haha
You can't read everyone only 'meeting' them online. How do you know what you think is true or are we misleading you? Do you know me, of course not, do you know if I'm who I tell you I am...Sometimes we stay things that the other person wants to hear and sometimes we say things to throw that person off.
@CoralLevang (40680)
Of course, Abby. Perhaps, I'm just easily duped. I will add, however, that if people are honest ingenuine online, then they're not really going to be that different online then they will be face to face. For the last two decades I've had an online presence and I have many people from all over the world. Face to face. Only once have I been truly surprised. Maybe it's because I am who I am and what you see is what you get. I find that by approaching it that way the people that I care about are also going to come from the same place. And if they don't, then I'm likely not going to be seeing them anyway. Because they're not honest and genuine. And I think that that can come out by watching patterns. And language. And style. I don't find it much different than meeting people face-to-face. We can be just as thrown off in both cases. People will tell you or show you what they want, no matter what. I believe that people are usually their true selves in most cases, it's up to us to read it as we think it will be based on our perceptions. Again, maybe I'm just foolish and really don't know people too well.
@CoralLevang I think it is far easier and faster to judge people you meet face to face. I have met 5 or 6 from AC/Yahoo and while similar to what they were online, they were much more open in person. One was a lot weirder than I could imagine! Strangers that I meet since we move so often, they seem easier to read for some reason. And sometimes I just like to bust chops.
@CoralLevang (40680)
@AbbyGreenhill tis one of the reasons I love you so much!
@CoralLevang Observing people is quite informative indeed! Sometimes it is sad though wouldn't you agree?
@CoralLevang (40680)
I have to agree that sometimes, yes, it is sad. Sometimes it's pathetic. And sometimes it's just laughable!
@CoralLevang I have done 'people watching' for years and sometimes it is not only laughable but disturbingly so!
@CoralLevang (40680)
@Berniezeitler especially when you know there's nothing you can do about it!