Supporting the Company (MyLot and You)

I was directed to the link that explained the mystery payouts this month AFTER I had found the money in my account. Granted I should probably read around a bit more on the admin side. If I had though I would not have had the great surprise when I saw a payout in my Paypal account from MyLot. So many of us have been burned by other sites and this is a breath of fresh air. So what can we do to show our support for the faith they have shown in us. Here is my short list: 1) Don't cheat and turn in the cheaters. I do not even know how "spammers" and scammers figure out such things, but they do. If you work in a store and see someone dipping in the register or taking merchandise, you would turn them in. WHY? Because your "job" depends on the success of the company you work for. If the cheaters put them out, you are out of a job. 2) Support those who keep your company in business. In our case it is the advertisers. Do you notice that the ads often reflect the subject of your posts? So if you write a post and talk about college, there may be ads for education or loans or whatever. If you have friends, colleagues or relatives who may be interested in those ads, get em over to our "store" and have them come check out the ads. If you need one of the advertiser's services by all means go through the "company" site here. 3) Write with passion and about interesting topics. Traffic brings "customers" who support the store who give us the paycheck. Just like in a mall where they generate foot traffic, these sites depend on "virtual" foot traffic. 4) Talk to management. When they do a good job, tell them and do not take it for granted. There is someone behind the curtain, just like the "Great Oz" that keeps this site afloat. We like getting a pat on the back, so why not pay it forward to them? I am not typically a cheerleader on any site, but that is because most sites have not earned my respect. (Okay, I will only say the B word once here by example). What goes around comes around as they say. On MyLot we have gotten a big gesture of faith and confidence....let's work to earn that and give it back. Any other thoughts on what else we can do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
@AliCanary (1838)
I've been a bit slack and away from the site for a few weeks, so I don't know about mystery payouts, although I noticed I did get a small one myself (I haven't earned nearly $10, so I was surprised). I need to do some research, apparently!
• Pleasant Hill, California
The minimum Payout Is $1 for pieces written in (or before) March and April. Then they'll see what they're going to do next. A lot of people (including me) wrote posts commenting on the change.
I should have put the link to the Go Ask Alice article. I saw it in the interesting discussions section after I had found the money in my PayPal. Yes, then I did find it in the sections too. Either way, these folks are a class act!
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Those are some great suggestions and tips. I appreciate the fact that you thoughtfully support this site. I already follow some of the suggestions you give, now I think I'll follow more of them.
Thank you. I am sure there is more we can all do and I was hoping to hear the "collective wisdom" of some of the more experienced on line people so we can help MyLot continue to do well.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll just keep on plugging, writing as well as I can, and turning in cheaters when I see them.
@TheHorse Well your plugging is most appreciated. I know if I want an interesting point of view, I just seek out a horse.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@desertdawg Thanks! I hope I don't post too much about vintage loudspeakers.