I Need a Shave

Colorado Springs, Colorado
This has absolutely nothing to do with the ridiculous beard craze of the past couple years, but has everything to do with shaving my own head. Here's the deal: I am, not as slowly as I'd like, losing my hair. And the longer it is, the more obvious it becomes. So I bought a pair of $14.00 clippers last summer, and my girlfriend started shaving it (with a #3) for me. We haven't done it in a couple months, and it's starting to bug me. Since her arm is still in much pain, I'm ready to do it myself and just have her touch it up in the morning. Of course, depending on her arm, she may or may not be able to touch me up. I don't want to turn into comb-over guy, which is where this is soon headed, but I also don't want to be "you missed a few spots" guy either. Should I have some patience, which is not exactly my strong point, or should I break the damn things out and buzz, buzz away? I'm thinking about buzz buzzing away.
Track 2 from the album, "Caress of Steel" (1975). Full "Caress of Steel" album playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWnVxuqvY7JhyG3Q6F0rYy9aamoOA...
I'm not going bald yet, but I always shave mine and, wear a hat, keeps me cool that way. Well cooler I should say lol.
The problem is, I've never really been a hat guy (although there is a Trek hat I really want.)
Here is something I found, go on, have a good laugh lolz It rolls right over the head haha Yes my adult son cannot bare the hair on his head..shave his off with clippers constantly..about a #2. So yeah, shave it..the weather is getting warmer. It is quite easy to do..if you want to fade it in..I can help..(hairdresser/barberess)
It just do it all one length. Much easier that way!
@teamfreak16 It is much easier for sure my friend..hope you are all done with it soon. And here is the image I tried to load up there for you..isnt this a hoot? OMG lolzIts a rolly head shaver lolz
@TiarasOceanView - No way. That is awesome.
@crossbones27 (19603)
• Redlands, California
Just do it yourself. I do mine all the way though. No number three. I have the same problem. Not quite bald, but real bad hairline. So if I do not shave my head. I kind of feel like I have a clown hair cut. lol
For where I'm at, a #3 works right now. Another year or two, though, it will be worse.
• Redlands, California
@teamfreak16 I want to say screw it and use Nair on my head, but my bartender friend said that could screw up your scalp.
@crossbones27 - Yeah, I tried that stuff on my legs once, and it didn't work all that well. I could totally see that.
I tried to cut my boyfriends hair but he'd never let me. I can't be trusted since I can't even cut straight lol. Did you end up buzzing away yourself or waiting? Spelling of hair cuts - I'm at the salon, boyfriends getting a buzz.
Yes, I did it yesterday, but I need her to do a touch up.
@teamfreak16 hehe hope her arm is feeling better!
@infatuatedbby - It's a little better, but she's still in pain.
My son always shaves his own head and he makes a good job of it. You'll be fine with a bit of practice.
Apparently there is a spot in the back that I keep missing, but otherwise I did ok.
As soon as I saw the album cover in the preview on the discussion list, the guitar intro for this started going through my head. I'm a self-shaver myself, started shaving it a long time ago, but back then I had someone do it for me. I decided I wasn't going to go bald a bit at a time, I'd just do it. Buzz away my friend...it really isn't too hard, and it'll only take a time or two to get used to it...you could always buy a hand-held mirror to check and make sure you didn't miss any, that's what I did at first when I began doing my own.
@Ronrybs (7347)
• London, England
I keep my short, most of the time. I do forget on the odd occasion