GMO's

@Marcyaz (35693)
There is a debate about mandatory GMO on-package labels. There are those who are working to pass a uniform, national voluntary labeling standard for foods produced with agricultural biotechnology. It seems that it is agreed that a national patchwork of labeling is an unworkable situation that would lead to much higher prices for working families, farmers and small businesses plus it could lead to chaos in the food supply chain and grocery marketplace. (GMO means genetically modified) Do you think we should have a uniform standard for labeling our foods?
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
The problem is that when laws are passed making it compulsory to list specific contents or qualities, they never bother to add that the lettering should easily readable.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@Koalemos How true the lettering might be so small we could probably not even read it.
Yes it would be good I think to have everything labeled uniformly Marcy. We do have to be careful about the food we ingest for sure with so many additives.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@TiarasOceanView If everything were labeled uniformly I am sure some would still be grumbling about it.
@Marcyaz grumbling is a habit with some.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@TiarasOceanView Yes it is and sometimes it becomes very unhealthy when a person never has anything positive to say.
Yes, I think that we should have a uniform standard of labeling. For the moment GMO foods are not allowed here.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@LadyDuck I think some people here are trying to outlaw them here but do not seem to be accomplishing that.
I do, it's hard to know what means what, when the same terms are up to interpretation!
@Marcyaz (35693)
@Jessicalynnt Wow and isn't that the truth as we can't always tell what is what can we?
@hostessman (9215)
• Tucson, Arizona
Good question,,It would be nice to have but you don't want it to become a problem with the food industry and the common people
@Marcyaz (35693)
@hostessman It seems as if there are already problems with not only the food industry but with the common people as well.
I think that it is important to know what we are eating. I´m sure that there is a way of labeling that will not mean that the consumers have to pay more.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@marguicha I wonder if that will ever happen that we wouldn't have to pay more.
@Marcyaz This is where democracy should work for us. The governments can make laws that help the consumers.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@marguicha If we think about it how often does that really happen though? Governments do not always make the right decisions for the people.
It seems that with any law, there will always be winners and losers. I would like to see a uniform standard for labeling foods and would have to see for myself if the predicted damage to others would be a factor.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@Corbin5 There will always be winners and losers whether we have uniform labeling or not.
@destimona (1931)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
I think it would be good.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@destimona I wonder if it would be as good as it would seem.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I think we need our FOOD TO be made where it don't KILL us or give us health problems all natural & no chemicals, less on the salt & sugar like out of the garden & on the plate that right there would cut out A LOT of red tape crap that's on the labels we don't need. but as far as the GMO well that just MIGHT be a good idea as to what their doing to it.
Exclusive Content!! http://www.patreon.com/psychetruth GMO Food, How To Tell, Truth About Genetically Modified Foods & Label GMO Psychetruth Nutrition Relate...
@Marcyaz (35693)
@sugartoes Can we really believe what is on the labeling now and how good would it be if we had GMO labeling.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz I don't think so if I had a place for a garden I'd make sure what I ate was safe I'm changing up my acct here I have your post page copied on my note pad so when I get my NEW acct I'll send you a message & add you back on K??
@Marcyaz (35693)
@sugartoes If you had your own garden you would know what it was exactly you were eating. Ok I'll be waiting for your message.
@GreatMartin (4337)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
We never have and we never will! besides it won't make a difference--people , most people, really don't care!
@Marcyaz (35693)
@GreatMartin I believe there are people who do care and read the labeling and it could make a difference to them.
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
@Marcyaz I didn't say all--I said most! :O)
I think it is a good idea. I like to know what I'm eating.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@JudyEv Probably a good idea if everything is as it should be.
@IreneVincent (16026)
GMO foods have been around for quite a while now. Labeling is a complicated arrangement. I see advantages and disadvantages to GMO foods. Who really knows what we are eating anymore? It's scary.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@IreneVincent It is very scary not really knowing what we are eating anymore. I think we should have a good labeling system but I don't know about the GMO.
@PainsOnSlate (20243)
I think we should be allowed to know what is GMO and what isn't. more and more you see the label NO GMO. Thats the one I buy
@Marcyaz (35693)
@PainsOnSlate It is very confusing when you try to read what is on the label. GMO or No GMO.
@mythociate (15204)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Mutant Plants, Eating Us All!
We already have UPCs for everything else (universal product codes). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code And I mentioned that 'the stickers on fruits in the produce-section of the grocery' make use of 'codes' that tell people-who-know-the-code "whether or not the fruits are GMO." (Search myLot for "apple stickers," "orange stickers," "SkyNet ... ") And what "agricultural biotechnology"? I heard it was some deal with Monsanto's "Round Up" pesticide/fertilizer that ... I dunno, "mutated" the pollenating insects ... cross-pollenation, hybridization ... Magneto meets Dr. Octopus?