Baseball and Granny

@nanette64 (17612)
Fairfield, Texas
Great-great-great Grandma Elizabeth Sullivan, who is 105-years-old, will be throwing the opening pitch on Wednesday at the Rangers/Seattle-Mariners game in Ft. Worth. Miss Sullivan has been a Rangers fan for 15 years and loves baseball. When you watch the video, she has a very witty humor about her and surprisingly, she's pretty healthy for a gal of her age. Dr. Pepper is sponsoring the game and chose her to send the opening pitch and by the way, she loves to drink Dr. Pepper. She's been practicing her throwing pitch, so we'll see how she does. Believe it or not the game will start at 1:05 pm which coincides with the number of her age.
FORT WORTH -- It's not every day a reporter gets to play a little catch on the job.
hope that is televised as I wou ld love to see her throw he f irst pitch wow.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
You can bet it will @Hatley . She is so excited to be doing this. Can you imagine? And at her age?
@nanette64 yes as Im 89 myself I can well imagine.
I am sure that it will be seen all over the news channels as Dr.Pepper is going to want to get the most of it for publicity!
Good for her!!!
My goodness what a long blessed life she has had..so awesome Nanette!
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Isn't that amazing @TiarasOceanView . I love her sense of humor too. We should all be that lucky to be in the good health that she's in at her age. I can't believe she drinks 3 Dr. Pepper's a day. That crap is absolutely loaded with sugar.
@nanette64 I know now that I dont get, but you know Nanette, I think along with diet, we should have that get up and go attitude like this lady..I think bad diet is not the only thing.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TiarasOceanView Very true. A lot of older people when they hit retirement age think just sitting in a rocking chair is the way to go, but that's the worst thing they could do. You would think with having more time on their hands, they would go do all the things they couldn't get done when they were working all the time. Heck, even in my condition, I mow, weed-wack, take care of critters, garden and anything else I can do to stay mobile.
@louievill (18674)
I only have all admiration for her, while we put much emphasizes on diet for longevity ( which is not bad and very important), at times we tend to ignore good attitude, humor, and proper mind set that goes hand in hand with it..
Yes, but don't forget she doesn't seem to have any diseases either.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Absolutely correct @louievill ; a lot of it 'is' in the mind.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
@marlina Which is amazing since she drinks Dr. Pepper. That is loaded with sugar.
Oh my, she still looks pretty healthy for her age.
@UncleJoe (9961)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
After watching that I feel like a kid again.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm just hoping for another 20, let alone 40 @UncleJoe .
That is amazing and if we all live to be that great looking at 105 look out guys cause we'll make one heck of an all girls team !
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Boy ain't that the truth @enlightenedpsych2 .
@AnneEJ (5013)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Amazing thing. I hope she does well.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @AnneEJ , she is such a sweetheart.
I am just amazed at a 105 year old is with it enough to be doing this, you go ggggranny!!
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I wouldn't mind having her as a great-great grandma @BelleStarr .
• Eugene, Oregon
Good for her! I heard about a British man who will be 105 on Thursday and get his first tattoo. He will have one on his shoulder and is doing for a hospice charity. Last year he participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge on his birthday. That bucket of cold water sounds like it could cause a hear attack!
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Holy cow @JamesHxstatic , now that's one adventurous guy.
• Pleasant Hill, California
A good role model for those of us who will be older tomorrow than we are today. I wonder how far she'll throw. Probably not 60 feet 6 inches.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having her genes @TheHorse . She's been practicing, so hopefully it'll be a pretty good throw. I imagine though that regardless of how far, the crowd will go wild.
@gudheart (12752)
Hope I can do that and be as fit at that age!
What a wonderful day it will be for Elizabeth Sullivan! Would love to see here pitch on that day!
@salonga (28016)
She is 105!!! Amazing grandma!