..And On the 8th Day He Said,.........

@UncleJoe (7209)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“…….Let there be COFFEE!” My oldest son (who is 41), is my closest living relative that begins his day with one of three beverages. Pepsi, Mountain Dew, or Dr. Pepper. Everybody else I know, or have known couldn’t get kick started without that hot cup of java. One of my very first memories from when I was a child still details sipping that warm black liquid from my father’s cup. I can remember not really liking the flavor, but this was special because it was DADDY’S cup. Growing up, my mother offered us a coffee substitute for children because everybody knew that if a kid drank coffee, it would stunt their growth. Do you remember Ovaltine or Postem? Yuck! So, I took the risk and lost. Drinking coffee through those defining years kept me from growing taller than 6’ 1”. I wonder how tall I would have been had I never ingested the stuff. How about you? Are you coffee dependent in the morning?
@Platespinner (16773)
Me? I should have started drinking coffee a lot sooner...I topped out at 5' 11.5"
If you had started a little later, then you might have hit the 6' mark, shorty!
• Lakewood, Colorado
I love it for sure and it helps me no end Joe. If I had to do without it, tea would be fine with me though. I love Ovaltine, not Postum though haha
My mom hated Ovaltine as a kid, but she had to drink it to get her Little Orphan Annie Decoder Pin. I must have coffee in the morning or a headache will surely come my way.
I hated Ovaltine, and my mom could not understand why, because all the other children had just loved the stuff. Finally, I made her taste it one day, and she almost spit it out. Then she read the label and figured out that she was supposed to add milk to it instead of water. After that, I actually liked the stuff.
@UncleJoe (7209)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
One cup in the morning, that's all. I drink Coke once in a blue moon for breakfast.
@Morleyhunt (15010)
I've been drinking coffee since I was 10 years old. Has it stunted my growth? I am 5' 8" tall. I am the shortst of the 8 siblings.
When I was a child I would sneak sips of my mother's coffee and loved it from the start! I do still drink coffee all the time and I love it. You might have been a giant if you never drank coffee!
@Elizaby (3266)
• Pensacola, Florida
I start the day with water and after that later in the day I will drinkk teas and a couple of days of the week soda
@Katlynn (378)
I am not coffee dependent at all, but do enjoy a cup occasionally. I remember Ovaltine, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the taste.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am and I also have memories of coffee from my childhood. I gave it to my 3 kids and none of them drinks coffee!! Go figure.
@CRK109 (14410)
Absolutely! I hated the stuff my parents used to drink and somewhere along the way I learned to LOVE coffee. Now I can't do mornings without it. :)
We used to get a cup of decaf coffee in the morning, so that we could feel special. I love coffee, but I don't always drink it first thing in the morning. I am trying to limit my coffee consumption due to stomach issues, and if I have a cup first thing in the morning, then I will want another one in the afternoon. If I can wait until later in the morning for my first cup, then often I do not need a second cup. Of course, when I am not having stomach issues, then I will have two or three cups a day ... and then I need to start cutting down again.
I am not dependent but do like a cup of coffee.I only have two per day
tea, must have tea.